BRASS TACKS ON FRONT FORKS

A suggestion from a now departed and missed member.

Progressive Fork spring Install (revisited)

Wow, you had all the special tools and removed the forks just like the instructions say.
I did it with improvised self made special tools while still on the bike. I don't recommend doing it my way. My hands hurt for days afterward. :cool:

I compressed the springs using a pair of screwdrivers in the shim holes while a neighbor slipped my sheet metal keeper under the nut. It's very painful.

Ordered part right out of service manual. Page 13.11. They #ucked up and sent me the wrong tool. First time dealing with inverted forks. $uck all that. Right tool for the job. yea we got the $110.00 dollar No. 5 tool. Thought we had all the right tools until we got into it. Kind of figure they will do me right come tuesday. For as much #hit i have ordered from Hermy's they had better keep me happy. I don't #uck around with tools. Learned a long time ago if you want it right use the proper tools anything else is #ull****. It don't matter while we wait were still got the gas filter and fuel gage arm thing to install along with new cables all the way around. #ell I guess we can go with the radiator to along with the Samco hoses. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Ok folks tool no. T3880067 is required to remove and reinstall springs. How do you get around tool 3880085-TO301 to reinstall? You need this tool to pull the damper upwards. Is there a way around this? Hermy's sent me tool no.3880090-TO301. Fat #ucking chance of that working. No threads. Not happy. Checked my order and had it right. They #ucked up. Going to have a conversation with them come tuesday morning.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Borrow mine!?

Borrow mine!?
Going to take tool 3880090-TO301 to work. Cutoff end and weld a new piece on, drill and tap. If I knew what it was actually used for I would not have bought one. I would have made one instead. Learning curve still in progress. Thanks for the offer.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Going to take tool 3880090-TO301 to work. Cutoff end and weld a new piece on, drill and tap. If I knew what it was actually used for I would not have bought one. I would have made one instead. Learning curve still in progress. Thanks for the offer.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tis the tool I be talkin' 'bout.
Tool.jpg

Back