captain jack

Turbocharged
I've had the problem of spongy brakes for some time now, during the process of having work done I have changed the brake fluid again & just finished bleeding the systems (front & rear) yet there is now no brake at all on either of them. Any ideas out there, in need of urgent help here chaps:confused:!!!!!!!!

How much air do you believe is in the systems? You might can try gravity bleed method. Remove the top of the master cylinder, make sure its full, and crack the bleeder valves and let it bleed into a container using a hose. Let it bleed by gravity to push the air out until it's bleeding pretty good. Keep the reservoir of the master cylinders full until it looks like air isn't coming out. It might have a bunch of air bubbles in the lines especially if you have tried the pump up and bleed method without good results.

Brake loss

Hey CJ, I had a similiar issue with my rear caliper. I lost 100% rear brake almost instantly. Upon examination, I discovered that the rear OEM brake pads were hung up
on the flat surface of the rear brake pad resting point. The casting has a course (cast) surface and the brake pads were hung up due to excessive friction. I replaced the stock pads with EBC HH pads. I made sure the surface were smoothed out. No more issues. The front, I believe to be a different issue. The front master cylinder is marginal IMO. Even the mechanic at my dealership says it's not that great. They bike is MASSIVE and the pressure in the brake lines to haul down such a beast are very high. Braided S.S. lines are on my short list. It's a safety issue, I like EBC HH pads. I have them all around and they just BITE! No rotor damage after 14K miles, they look like new!
I'm researching a REAL fix for this problem and it doesn't include these totally deficiant calpiers. Imagine these are the same basic calipers as on the 675. A bike that weighs over 400 LBS LESS! It's simple Physics; Force= Mass x Acceleration. What has more mass than a Rocket 3? Triumph (ARE YOU ****TING ME?!)

Back