Hot front brakes

Loosen the caliper to fork bolts. Light clamp the brake lever. Then retorque the calipers. This will align the caliper to the disc. Careful with the torque. I go on the easy side and check them periodically. Remove the pads and sand them lightly. Grease the back of the brake pad and re-insert them. Make sure the ant-vibration spring on top is in the right place. Easy on the pad pin. I use anticize grease on those threads so I don't have to send them back to Turbo. Get some titanium ones. It's worth it. Calipers are like feet, you have to clean them often or they stink.

Probably not your issue but recently I let my HD dealer replace the brake fluid in my V-Rod and they overfilled the front reservoir. The fluid expands when hot and after a short ride the front brake would start to apply itself. Fortunately, I was able to correct before I dumped her in a slow turn.
-MIG

Probably not your issue but recently I let my HD dealer replace the brake fluid in my V-Rod and they overfilled the front reservoir. The fluid expands when hot and after a short ride the front brake would start to apply itself. Fortunately, I was able to correct before I dumped her in a slow turn.
-MIG
ya know im thinking ive done this to myself earlier in the week....lol only wasnt a dump into a slow turn. more like violent locking of the forks to da right. n guess was me gunnin the throttle to wheelie up n over curb in a flash...ack but i split my calipers

ya know im thinking ive done this to myself earlier in the week....lol only wasnt a dump into a slow turn. more like violent locking of the forks to da right. n guess was me gunnin the throttle to wheelie up n over curb in a flash...ack but i split my calipers
yerp jus removed right caliper n seeing the pistons are sticking out real good

yerp jus removed right caliper n seeing the pistons are sticking out real good. brakes were working descent for a good few runs. and literally right after completing ramair tune n its idling of like 24 mins the friggin caliper got me

Attachments

• 20210702_181145.jpg
    20210702_181145.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 13
if the lever does not have free play the brake will not release.

also
if u down shift like into 1st or 2nd and u just let the clutch lever out fast it will slide the rear tire and it always seems to slide out back tire going to the left.
ran over a tennis ball size rock and what happens is your arm goes down and the rpms goes to about 3000 rpms which makes the bike do a right turn. i was in sand and done that and the bike did a 180 and i was heading back the way i had come .

if the lever does not have free play the brake will not release.

also
if u down shift like into 1st or 2nd and u just let the clutch lever out fast it will slide the rear tire and it always seems to slide out back tire going to the left.
ran over a tennis ball size rock and what happens is your arm goes down and the rpms goes to about 3000 rpms which makes the bike do a right turn. i was in sand and done that and the bike did a 180 and i was heading back the way i had come .

hmm appreciate the explanation of a common odd rocket manuveor. will defintely be keeping in mind!! still waiting to throw old tire onto my new rim to even give a go for some slow pace testing

hmm appreciate the explanation of a common odd rocket manuveor. will defintely be keeping in mind!! still waiting to throw old tire onto my new rim to even give a go for some slow pace testing
rocketeer4life lets not make that to soon ;)

Back