Hot front brakes

Patto

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 111 roadster
Hi everyone I have a problem and looking for ideas why , the front brakes disks are too hot to touch the right hand side disk even more after a short ride and gentle braking to a stop . I tought I had a sticking calliper so got a rebuild kit and fitted new seals and pistons to both callipers . Just been for a 5 min ride and same problems again, is there a valve or possible proble with master cylinder that could cause the problem

agree that it sounds like sticking caliper... while master cylinder brake could be a technical possibility, probability should be low of it to fail like that... i dont think there are more parts to check after that.
did you try testing it raising the front tire , make it manually spin and using the brake lever to see if it sticks or release normally?

Got the front raised and wheel spins but pads are Rubbing against the disk all the time , I thought the pads came back a mm then nipped up again once you brake ?

Got the front raised and wheel spins but pads are Rubbing against the disk all the time , I thought the pads came back a mm then nipped up again once you brake ?
they normally will rub a bit at hand spinning tire speed, I think when you get up to speed the frequency and violence of that push the caliper out. when you press the brake and release they get back to the same status or there is tendency to stay lock after releasing?

When pulling the brake And releasing the wheel will spin again , it rotates about 1 Wheel revolution , on a side note since bleeding the brakes when The lever is first pulled it fells soft then if you pull it a couple of times it will harden up , is there a technique to the rocket or do I need to activate the abs as well

When pulling the brake And releasing the wheel will spin again , it rotates about 1 Wheel revolution , on a side note since bleeding the brakes when The lever is first pulled it fells soft then if you pull it a couple of times it will harden up , is there a technique to the rocket or do I need to activate the abs as well
not sure in that rocket, but in my other ones when I bleed brakes, I put a rubber band or a glove overnight in the brake lever which removes the last of the bubbles usually.

Back