Hot front brakes

if the lever does not have free play the brake will not release.

also
if u down shift like into 1st or 2nd and u just let the clutch lever out fast it will slide the rear tire and it always seems to slide out back tire going to the left.
ran over a tennis ball size rock and what happens is your arm goes down and the rpms goes to about 3000 rpms which makes the bike do a right turn. i was in sand and done that and the bike did a 180 and i was heading back the way i had come .
This is where a slipper clutch would help

my brakes wouldn’t work well at rallys and in the mountains not sure why, the fluid would overheat and brakes wouldnt brake. 5.1 fluid same chemical family as 4 or 3, temperature rating being different fixed my brake issue, now when i slam it in a turn and bear down on that lever it holds and has not faded in any ride

Hi everyone I have a problem and looking for ideas why , the front brakes disks are too hot to touch the right hand side disk even more after a short ride and gentle braking to a stop . I tought I had a sticking calliper so got a rebuild kit and fitted new seals and pistons to both callipers . Just been for a 5 min ride and same problems again, is there a valve or possible proble with master cylinder that could cause the problem
Do you use the tin plates that sit behind the brake pads 🤔 I have never put them in, I find they bind up like your describing & I've never had a problem leaving them out. 🚀

When pulling the brake And releasing the wheel will spin again , it rotates about 1 Wheel revolution , on a side note since bleeding the brakes when The lever is first pulled it fells soft then if you pull it a couple of times it will harden up , is there a technique to the rocket or do I need to activate the abs as well
If once bled and solid and a short time later feels spongy providing all the air is expelled, would most definatley be the piston seal in the master cylinder, cheap easy fix, if you have gone to all the trouble of refurbishing the calipers mays well go the distance

If once bled and solid and a short time later feels spongy providing all the air is expelled, would most definatley be the piston seal in the master cylinder, cheap easy fix, if you have gone to all the trouble of refurbishing the calipers mays well go the distance
well never really bleed it back to solid. but after no more air was found in system, when using lever the brakes were operating fine and stopping on a dime/releasing well

rocketeer4life lets not make that to soon ;)
Turbo, gotta hand it to ya. think u were spot on that it was actually the bike skiddin out on me. just now after this morning taking a nice slow paced ride, there were no issues to be present anymore! Didnt touch the front calipers due to they werent stuck out as if to be the possible cause of accident?. new rear wheel was put on n some other odds n ends to tidy up n prep. lol . point is so far its makng more sense this beast jus took me from a slight slip? surprised as i have ridden these bigguns long enough to have er" feel" down. but hey guess theres always a new thing to learn to better control em. Thanks n cheers!

Back