Chariot

.040 Over
Ride
2017 Rocket 3 R modified trike to take wheelchair
Looking for some way to improve the braking to the rear wheels. Using EBC competition brake pads on standard Ford Sierra discs. These are an improvement on standard pads but not brilliant! Can't lock wheels up. Is the standard Rocket 3 slave cylinder the problem? Maybe the piston is not moving enough brake fluid for the bigger callipers. I am kind of guessing on this stuff so any experts out there I would appreciate your comments.

u may b correct about not being big enough.
i would try bleeding again any air at all in the little master cyl and it is not going to work

probably going to need a bigger master cylinder.
i do not like non return valves.
Got the following info since I posted. Anyone tried these? Wilwood's two, four and ten pound residual pressure valves retain a minimum brake line pressure to help eliminate excessive pedal travel in both disc and drum brake systems. The two pound valve is used in disc brake applications where the master cylinder is mounted below the horizontal plane of the calipers and fluid drain back occurs from gravity and vibration, thereby causing excessive caliper piston retraction and a longer brake pedal stroke. The minimal two pound residual pressure prevents fluid from flowing back without causing the brakes to drag. Four pound valves can be beneficial in high vibration brake sytems such as off-road or dirt circle track racing. With drum brakes, a ten pound valve is used to compensate for return spring tension and maintain wheel cylinder sealing in the drums. Residual Pressure Valves are made from billet aluminum and color coded for easy identification. Valves with fittings are supplied with two 1/8-27 NPT to 3/8-24 inverted flare female fittings that will fit most domestic 3/16th hard brake lines.

Back