Brakes pads, maybe rotors

I'm going to have to replace my front pads. There is still plenty of meat on them but I fubared when changing my front tire. I failed to clean the rotors with break cleaner before installing the calipers and either me or the friend helping me touched the rotor with an axle grease stained hand. I'll pull them tomorrow to clean the pads but I'm thinking that won't help and I'll have to buy new ones.

So, I'm on the fence about pads. I've used EBCs sintered on other bikes but have read of premature rotor wear because of the embedded metal in the pads. I don't have a Triumph dealership close by so will have to order on line. I believe 1olbull mentioned ceramic to me one day while I was visiting.

Oh and I found this thread doing a forum search but have not yet found the information I need. Type, other brand options, purchase sources etc. I'm thinking Amazon or Ebay.

I have around 75,000 on my original rotors, the last 50,000 was with EBC's. They don't even have a noticable step between the area where the pads run and the untouched area. I just love um' :inlove

I have around 75,000 on my original rotors, the last 50,000 was with EBC's. They don't even have a noticable step between the area where the pads run and the untouched area. I just love um' :inlove

Good to know and mucho thanks. I'll pull the calipers tomorrow, give them a good cleaning, reinstall and see how they do. If NG will order the EBCs.

ime EBC -HH pads are really soft. They wear faster, which saves the disc - and as a monster plus - you stop.
This I did not know and what I believe I'm looking for. My Touring is my long haul touring bike so twisties and heavy, frequent braking is not something I'll be doing

IMG_0586.JPG
These are cheap and stop the bike well enough for me. Easy to find on Ebay.

If you do go with EBC's be sure to follow the bedding procedure. Bedding in new motorcycle pads and rotors - EBC Brakes

IMG_0633.JPG IMG_0634.JPG
Installing new seals in the front and then new pads. Will try to follow Bedding instructions. This is a 2011 rim going in an 2007 Classic :eek:. Looks like it is going to work. The used discs do have a little play but the old ones were falling apart.

These look nice specially with the SS bolts. Made in England, $5 bucks each :evil:

Back