Brakes pads, maybe rotors

I still have the brand new never installed replacement they sent me. And the pads to go with it. Make you a heck of a deal on it. (rear only).
what kind of a deal would you for me.. thinking to replace pads this summer ( rear only)

The EBC rotor I have is made of cast iron. They supposedly offer superior braking performance. You can't use HH pads with them, they require a different type of pad, which I also have. I didn't like it because it rusted. @albertaduke , Patrick, if your interested in it, let me know, and you'll receive a late Christmas present :)

The EBC rotor I have is made of cast iron. They supposedly offer superior braking performance. You can't use HH pads with them, they require a different type of pad, which I also have. I didn't like it because it rusted. @albertaduke , Patrick, if your interested in it, let me know, and you'll receive a late Christmas present :)

I have the regular stainless steel rotors all around oops! my bad.

The EBC pads are the way to go. Just make sure you do the recommended seating on them. But when you do, after the 10 hard stops don't go pulling into traffic right away. You will have heat related brake fade, no, you won't have any brakes (esp rear) until you ride a bit to cool them down.

bob

So, when I'm going downhill for miles and miles (for example in Europe the Alpes) the EBC pads are getting 'tired' (fading)on the way down ??

The only way I could see to make it work would be to powder coat everything, except where the pads contact it. Seemed like a lotta work.

Probably only when you ride the brakes for an excessive amount of time, like any brake pad.

Only after 200 miles urban driving (not 200 miles on a freeway where brakes are almost unused) should you attempt to apply heavy load and heat to the brakes. To do this final bedding on a QUIET ROAD in safe traffic apply the brakes and slow from 60 to 10 MPH five times in a row. Then drive slowly for a few minutes if safe to do so to allow the brakes to cool. Try to avoid coming to a rest whilst the brakes are heated.

FAQ's - Typical Questions and Answers on EBC Brakes

I think any brake pad will have heat related fade with this type of breaking. Once bedded in they should be fine unless you are heavy footed on the brake.

bob

Back