Bought the Rocket 3

alselec

.060 Over
Picked it up today, what a ride, traded in the Bonnie. Got the 06' Rocket Classic. Fantastic riding bike. They forgot to give me the owners manual, I assume it runs on premium gas? Get one tuesday.

:) Just use 89 myself...and with the new 20050_3 Tuneboy tune installed...runs fast

Congrats on the purchase. Run any pure grain alcohol. I prefer Everclear as it sides as a great base when mixed with OJ and Grenadine.:D

Our premium(Casey's) uses 10% Ethanol but the Rocket seems to like it fine. I believe regular grade is 87 octane and premium is 91. Both are the same price.

alselec said:
Picked it up today, what a ride, traded in the Bonnie. Got the 06' Rocket Classic. Fantastic riding bike. They forgot to give me the owners manual, I assume it runs on premium gas? Get one tuesday.

Red & Cream or Black & Orange??

Red & Cream for me with leather bags and the Julio bar with backrest for the missus. Oh!, forgot to add the windshield and lowers. I'm too old to brave the wind and hard shelled insects. I kept the Bonnie.

Congrats

Doubt if we will be hearing much from you for a bit because every spare moment will be spent on breaking in that new Rocket. Trust the bike, lean hard and give it gas in the corners!

Your owners manual may be under the seat behind the battery in a plastic pouch... if you haven't looked there yet..

I think that I heard once that they measure Octane differently in Oz so the 89 octane we talk about in the USA may not translate... it would be best to talk to your dealer about this...

Congrats!!! Ride safe!!

Tomo

Back