BlueTooth OBD2 for Rocket on Droid

Gothlander

321 GONE
BlueTooth OBD2 for Rocket on Droid

Well I finally got with it and brought a smart phone, these things are the future I am sure. While looking for speedo HUD apps I stumbled on an app called Torque ($5) which is a OBD2 scanner and real time sensor reader with a dyno feature. You buy a $27 bluetooth adapter that fits the diagnostic plug on the Rocket and away you go. You can check engine codes, clear engine check lights, and a lot more. I can't wait to try it with TuneBoys new features (to compare the different tunes performance), has anyone tried this app before? is it any good?​

Oh cool ... you are going to have to post the links for those new toys. Hell, I'd like to have the ability to just clear codes. Leaving an interface plugged into the MINI's OBDII plug and having the ability to clear codes with my cell would be alot easier than plugging in the reader each time.

Oh cool ... you are going to have to post the links for those new toys. Hell, I'd like to have the ability to just clear codes. Leaving an interface plugged into the MINI's OBDII plug and having the ability to clear codes with my cell would be alot easier than plugging in the reader each time.

Does the Mini throw that many codes that often??!! :D I could see ya to tooling down the freeway at 90 in the mini one hand on the wheel the other on the cell clearing codes!:cool: too funny!
mutt

Does the Mini throw that many codes that often??!! :D I could see ya to tooling down the freeway at 90 in the mini one hand on the wheel the other on the cell clearing codes!:cool: too funny!
mutt
You aren't far off .... it's around twice a month. 0172's and 0130's ... they are oxygen sensor codes from modifications to the exhaust and oversize injectors. I could back the fuel down but it would still probably throw codes and I'd be running a risk of a lean condition at high RPM and boost. A necessary evil I just deal with, Most of the other SCCA modified cars just leave the light on all the time ... I'm too anal for that, can't stand to have it on at all. I have a switch mounted to turn it on when I want, but I tend to check it all the time anyway. The cell phone idea would work great if it does what it's supposed to.

I can't clear codes while the engine is running, but I have shut it off at 90 and cleared codes while coasting ... :D

Back