Hellfire...well...it looks like you have given them a chance so I guess I'll say I don't blame you. Hopefully the next, newest brand will be better.

Dennis

12 dtg KAF
17 dtg Dubai
18 dtg London
20 dtg Ace Motorcycle Cafe

71 dtg Dubai
72 dtg Home (Thunderbird time and, hopefully, R3T ordering time).

I agree with avoiding Bose, marketing hype and little in the way of performance.

Personally I prefer a separates approach rather than a canned system. It really depends on your budget and what you want to accomplish. There are plenty of good deals out there, it just takes some research. An all in one system is fine for casual viewing/listening. If you're seriously into music or movies, a separates approach will yield better performance.

After my Rocket, this stuff is where I spend the most money. I recently replaced a 10 year old Pioneer TV with a 63" Samsung 3D Plasma. Incredible picture quality. And this week I added a new Oppo Blu Ray player. Its just like the Rocket, there's always something new to try.

Depends on what model of the LG50" you bought, you can buy LG 50"plasmas for $700 every day of the week, just search LG 50" plasmas, about them building to much for the world cup that is a load of BS as I said it all depends on what model you got.:confused:

LG Ifinia 50PX950 $1300
LG 50PJ350 50" $645
LG Infinia 50 PK750$1019
LG 50 PK250 50" $700
LG 50 PK550 50" $897

These are but just a few of the LG models in the 50" screen size, if your wife is anything like mine I know that she will have found a great price.
Enjoy the TV:D

Just do not get the dlp projection, too high maint,

i have a toshiba 72 inch 1080i and the lamp already broke 3 times in 3 years in fact is broke now, they said the lamp was going to last at least 4,000 hrs, no way i watched tv for 4,000 hrs in a year:mad:

don't buy an all-in-one system, seperates are the way to go specially if you want to play music through it, no contest. it will cost more but its worth it.go and try some at a good dealers see what you think. don't be swayed by their choices either, everyones ear's are'nt the same. if it sounds good to you that will do.

Back