BILLET CRANK AVAILABLE

If I can get more displacement and do the 8000 RPM limit and put a belt driven snail on it, I think I'll be quite happy.
Exactly as long as it takes me to get bored with stock power.
Just remember when this goes BANG - shrapnel will NOT be at face level. I would add a Level IV codpiece to the parts list.

Just remember when this goes BANG - shrapnel will NOT be at face level. I would add a Level IV codpiece to the parts list.

:rolleyes::eek::eek::roll:

How about some anchored containment belts over the top end and a Kevlar vest like the Nitro bikes?

Probably not really necessary but it sure would look BADA$$!:thumbsup:

Course that might discourage the Busa pilgrims from wanting to give it a go though.......

Got a picture somewhere of a 'Shovster' fueler that I was helping crew nigh on 40 years ago. Fell victim to a 'heavy ' load of propylene oxide and a big weather change. (Yeah okay so we were cheating our tails off)

That was pretty much the end of that.

Yep I saw that, was going to post here, but you beat me to it, I knew you would see it :D

42096330_847600775447735_7849192508855681024_n.jpg

42158454_847600752114404_7868961264066625536_n.jpg
That is a beauty; amazing the amount of precise engineering that goes into machining a crankshaft, i watched a you tube video on building the Rolls Royce Merlin engine and when those cranks start out as a solid billet chuck of steel and weighs less than half when finished; I'm amazed at the amount of precision engineering goes into these cranks, it is the most stressed part of the engine. "Good luck and Be Safe!

Will need balancing for sure imo with the rods and pistons being used in the application. Anyone who says you can zero a crank out, match pistons and rod weights and go without rebalancing, is, in my opinion wrong.

There are, I'm sure, plenty of anecdotes to demonstrate you can get away without rebalancing, but if you're 2600 into a crank, 1300 into rods, 600 into pistons, why skimp on the minimal cost to get it balanced right,?

Back