Billet Clutch Basket

hombre

Nitrous
The news from uber HP/TQ R3Power land is that 300+HP R3s shatter the stock clutch basket at around 280 Ft Lbs torque. We're putting together a group 10 needed to get Falicon to produce a billet clutch basket that can take the torque.

Link Removed

PM if interested.

Last edited:
And why have you not sign on to RAAIV?

If there's one thing I can say about Hombre is that he's always challenging the limits. Old ideas brought to the forefront of Rocket capable power, on this site!:bch: And I don't normally give compliments to persons I've had difficulties with.

Last edited:
It turns out there is an "early" clutch basket and a "later" clutch basket. Falicon needs stock examples of both to quote their billet models (of which there will probably have to be 2). Getting the 2 different OEM samples to Falicon is not a problem. Talking them into making 5 & 5 of the different baskets might be.

On a bright note, there seem to be more uber HP R3 owners interested in this than I imagined. IMO, a viable project if Falicon will cooperate with the minimums. Also, Cycle Solutions in Gordonsville VA, is a Falicon dealer... so we'll offer excellent pricing to members of this site. Members of that "other" site will be pay retail... Owl will be charged triple. ;)

Nah, he doesn't have any HP anyway. :D

Although Falicon may have restrictions, They probably would not have a problem if the price was right. Aside from the intial mold ( I assume this would be sand casted) there appears to be minimal finish machining.

Would'nt the plates have to be beefier as well to handle to excess torque or is the problem only the basket failing?

Great idea :D

mutt

Hombre,
You dissin Owl from the other site, is pretty much uncalled for and unwarranted.
I have friends on both sites, along with 4 other triumph sites, and ya know, even the ones I disagree with, I still talk to.
We argue. Sometimes we compliment each others accomplishments. But at least we talk.
Owls been nothin but GOOD to me.
Bought me stuff I asked him to across the pond, and shipped it to me, BEFORE He'd tell me what I owed him.
So I consider him my friend. As HIS friend I gotta say, your dissin him shows YOUR lack of class.
But this is America and you have the right to your opinion,
I guess this means I'll have to pay triple or maybe quadruple,
hey I don't care, and I'm sure he don't either.
Hope to meet you at RAA4

So you didn't like my joke? I can understand that... I didn't like Steve Smith's joke on Owl's site that I intended to steal the deposits for the BST CF wheels either.

I put in many months of work with BST to bring the CF wheels into fruition, and have never profited by one dime. Rather than being an adult moderator, Owl thought Smith's childish joke was a fine piece of humor. If Laurie West-Knights had been accused of taking bribes on the bench, you can be **** sure there would have been an apology.

So IMO the management over there enforces their "no slander" rule selectively, and warrants no respect. You don't like the improvements I try to bring about for the R3? No problem... don't FN buy them.

There's now a second company that may be interested in producing the billet basket, so it's even more likely this will happen. :cool:

...So IMO the management over there enforces their "no slander" rule selectively, and warrants no respect...
**** straight about that. That fact that slander led me to leave there, and come here left a bad taste in the water. You best remember! While I compliment you on your endeavors you best remember why I left the other site. Slander caused it. And just because I have a problem with "hordes" of invaders I was ousted on one individual's complaint.

For every one else, I'm reminded of the Trojan horse.

P.S. Hombre, you don't do jokes worth a nickel. You best leave that to your accountant.
It's about time for you to sign up for RAAIV.

Last edited:
Back