Justin Lakes

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Triumph Rocket iii Classic
I've been fighting with the hydraulic clutch on this since the build... with leaks due to bad O-Rings and such, but one issue that hasn't went away is under Hard acceleration the clutch lever becomes limp. You can actually feel the lever begin to collapse under full throttle , you can then give the lever a few squeezes and feel pressure build back up and you're okay as long as you just cruise. ... I've experienced something similar in drag racing at the track with a particular type of car (4th Gen fbodys) and it's known as "dead pedal". Basically at the end of the track there's no clutch pedal left and you have to pump it back up a few times to regain pedal feel/ pressure.
Does anyone have a clue as to what's going on ?

Curious to see the final outcome, as it sounds like a very strange problem to have, and I would guess it'll have a very strange resolution. Will be following for the solution for sure!

I've been fighting with the hydraulic clutch on this since the build... with leaks due to bad O-Rings and such, but one issue that hasn't went away is under Hard acceleration the clutch lever becomes limp. You can actually feel the lever begin to collapse under full throttle , you can then give the lever a few squeezes and feel pressure build back up and you're okay as long as you just cruise. ... I've experienced something similar in drag racing at the track with a particular type of car (4th Gen fbodys) and it's known as "dead pedal". Basically at the end of the track there's no clutch pedal left and you have to pump it back up a few times to regain pedal feel/ pressure.

What clutch springs do you have in?

Is your fluid level on the reservoir glass staying the same?

Does the level move when you are accelerating hard?

After a while,the TTS masterclutch is working f*** s*** ,ehh, let's say, not working ok anymore. The oil seals of the piston inside the master are getting weaker and you loose leverpressure. I swapped that unit for a Brembo and since then the clutchleverpressure is working fine again.Another issue could be that engineoil is leaking along the clutchshaft into the space between TTS clutchslavecylinder and cap.And when there is enough oilleaking into that space, the slavepiston is having an issue to go forwards.(while pulling the level). Just have a look into it.

After a while,the TTS masterclutch is working f*** s*** ,ehh, let's say, not working ok anymore. The oil seals of the piston inside the master are getting weaker and you loose leverpressure. I swapped that unit for a Brembo and since then the clutchleverpressure is working fine again.Another issue could be that engineoil is leaking along the clutchshaft into the space between TTS clutchslavecylinder and cap.And when there is enough oilleaking into that space, the slavepiston is having an issue to go forwards.(while pulling the level). Just have a look into it.
Cool looking bike fast fun, got any close up pictures of those goodies you have on there.

Back