I'm moving to Florida this fall, hour south of Tallahassee, maybe we'll ride some time, most of my relatives are in the Tampa area.

I was always of the "ride it, don't trailer it" school, but day after day running on interstates no longer holds a thrill for me. Dave and I looked at RAA Spearfish, we had two weeks, 3 days out and 3 days back only left a week to ride. We trailered and took turns driving, made it out in 24 hours, did 4000 miles in 2 weeks, and made it home in 24 hours, it was a no brainer.
I have a similar issue now. I would love to get to Romania and do the pass roads. It's a 2 week tour - and 3400kms each way Plus . Once we're there - well the Ukraine is not that far and......... With time and patience (and probably a change of tyres) it could be done in a month. But I'd rather find a way to let some other bloke do the bit from here to Bucharest.

I like that trailer and it is actually practical to haul a bike around in it. Build some shelves and add electrical and you could have a little mobile shop to haul the bike in. Probably even room for an air compressor and a bale of hay!!! ;)

bob

I could not resist the deal ....being tired of getting the Rocket up on my truck bed and with a friend offering to sell the perfect trailer to me for a ridiculous amount of money ... had to buy the thing ..
. It is actually a 2 horse trailer bumper puller as it is called, perfect for carrying a Rocket, now with minimal changes it will carry 200 horses.
It has dual axles electric brakes, lights, spare tire, in good shape no rust. It sat beside a barn for 8 years
grass was about to outgrow the whole thing when I went to pick it up. Now it sits on my bocce court ready to be modded. The interior is 9 feet long so really no difficulty in installing my Rocket frame lockup which is currently bolted to my truck bed. Only 9 inches up to load -- lot easier than four feet for the truck bed as I plan to go south this winter. I am truly all set for the trip.
okanagan lake 016.JPG

Great find. Now you can call your Rocket "THE HORSE". I had to get a trailer that would fit in the garage.

IMG_1120.JPG

Last edited:
I like it. Who would have thought of a horse trailer but you think about it makes sense. Myself I have trailer-ed one bike in the last 30 years. Guess which one? First two guesses don't count.Yes indeed the good old Harley Davidson. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I could not resist the deal ....being tired of getting the Rocket up on my truck bed and with a friend offering to sell the perfect trailer to me for a ridiculous amount of money ... had to buy the thing ..
. It is actually a 2 horse trailer bumper puller as it is called, perfect for carrying a Rocket, now with minimal changes it will carry 200 horses.
It has dual axles electric brakes, lights, spare tire, in good shape no rust. It sat beside a barn for 8 years
grass was about to outgrow the whole thing when I went to pick it up. Now it sits on my bocce court ready to be modded. The interior is 9 feet long so really no difficulty in installing my Rocket frame lockup which is currently bolted to my truck bed. Only 9 inches up to load -- lot easier than four feet for the truck bed as I plan to go south this winter. I am truly all set for the trip.
okanagan lake 016.JPG

Great find. I've looked at horse trailers on Craigslist from time to time, thinking one might be good for winter storage. Or tow/trailer a bike if need be. Way better than wrangling a bike into the back of a PU truck!!

Good for you Patrick. You always impressed me with loading your beast into your pick up.

Before putting the "new" trailer into service, be sure to do 2 things. Replace the tires and pull the wheel bearings out to clean and regrease them. Don't buy Chinese tires.
I have checked all that and believe it I was amazed at the quality it is my second horse trailer so I know what to look for ,but thanks for the update tires are good 3/4 inches tread and branded " special trailer" tires on all four, bearing were repacked by the owner before selling it but I will pull the wheels anyway before going to arizona/mexico and check the electric brakes and bearing for peace of mind and replace the brake battery heck might stop by your place for a brew and show you what I changed in the interior to make it the beast's palace as i am not getting younger loading the beast in a trailer is a non event versus going about it with the ramp btw if you know somebody in need of a 10 foot ( two pieces) steel ramp five feet each with a winch (including the a remote) I will sell the whole package for $ 350 (pictures available) and deliver it when I drive south this winter

Last edited:
Back