Bike Dyno tuned today. Not what I was expecting.

It's not real strong below 3000 rpm, but you learn to use the gears a little different, is all. About 4000 it really starts taking off, I've hit 9200 rpm at the rev limiter a couple times, it just pulls and pulls and you kind of forget to shift cuz it seems like it's never going to stop pulling, LOL.
THE package was designed to keep the bike totally streetable and docile for cruising and gas economy and give you all the power you need with an awe inspiring rush of HP so you can mess with the fastest on the highway from stop lights to top speed it has it all from idle to the rev limit of 9200 rpm

what is it like below 3k rpm ? hey my r3 has just a touch more torque 2 ft-lbs to be exact but then again i ask to tune the engine for better low-mid torque i could of had 7-8 more hp but still would not be a mach to yours r3 for i needed bigger valves but that budget budget :thumbsup:
PETE so whats done to your ROCKET ???

what is it like below 3k rpm ? hey my r3 has just a touch more torque 2 ft-lbs to be exact but then again i ask to tune the engine for better low-mid torque i could of had 7-8 more hp but still would not be a mach to yours r3 for i needed bigger valves but that budget budget :thumbsup:

Hey scorp you have the same
20130913_215554.jpg
mod as i do and i have done what you mention this is what i got 211 hp excepted i fitted 3 unifilter witch NLR says breath a little better than ramiar
I noticed your readout has spikes that your reading as max figures do you have a smoother readout ?

This is another graph of the fuel. The guy who is doing the work said my fuel mixture was way off, rich at low revs and lean above 4000rpm, not surprising as I never had a tune done after the exhaust system changes. The next graph I will get will be with all the upgrades. I am hanging out to see it for myself and missing the riding. Mind you, the last couple of days has been way too hot, 44 + degrees.
WOT AF before.jpg

Last edited:
Im guessing the air is alot different from south Louisiana and Austrailia. Reband says this pipe puts out 169hp. Im way off with that. It sure looks to be a real good tune. You can see on the A/F that it starts to lean just under 6000 rpm's. The tuner said he was giving all the gas he could.
Well here it is. The red line is a map that a friend sent me using numbers from another members bike running more power. Same set up as mine. This is why Im thinking our difference in climate makes a big difference in our numbers. (Thoughts?) The blue is a custom tune done by Triumph Dealer using Tuneecu in New Orleans. When bone stock on a different dyno the numbers were 123.70 hp 143.79 tq
Scan0002.jpg
Well finally got to put sum miles on this beast today. The bike is Crazy friggen fast. After talking to a few good people from here via email I am convinced there is a lil more power to be had. I will have to wait a lil while before I can get to see Mr Tripp for a better tune. The bike still has decel popping. Idle is still rough too. Tuner at Dealer said rough idle is due to secondary s being removed. ( any truth in that???) all in all I am loving this Bike.

My secondaries have been removed and it will idle quite happily at 650rpm. I have it set at 850, but I did have it set lower for a while.

Back