Bike Dyno tuned today. Not what I was expecting.

I just wish Wayne wasn't so friggin far away from me. I don't currently have a truck and a trailer, so unless I have it transported I'm pretty much stuck with the shop locally that I'm dealong with now. I'm considering e-mailing the owner as he asked me to do that if ever had any questions about what they can and have done for me at his shop. He is the only one who operates their eddy current dyno and I need to explain to him I expected an increase in low RPM torque, not less than stock(higher RPM power over stock is decent, but not thrilling).

all settings on Gipro atre.jpg

Mine with Reband and Ramair filter. All the different runs were with the Gi pro atre at different settings. I never had a tune for the Rebands. Told I would get about another 6hp with right tune. Bike is now in pieces having 2nd gear issue update fixed and while apart a cam, pistons and clutch upgrade. Told will be about 203rwhp when I get her back :)
Hey scorp you have the same
20130913_215554.jpg
mod as i do and i have done what you mention this is what i got 211 hp excepted i fitted 3 unifilter witch NLR says breath a little better than ramiar

I noticed (along with a few neighbors) when that first fall breeze blew out the last of that humid summer air "seat of the pants" dyno noticed the performance right away.

what is it like below 3k rpm ? hey my r3 has just a touch more torque 2 ft-lbs to be exact but then again i ask to tune the engine for better low-mid torque i could of had 7-8 more hp but still would not be a mach to yours r3 for i needed bigger valves but that budget budget :thumbsup:

what is it like below 3k rpm ? hey my r3 has just a touch more torque 2 ft-lbs to be exact but then again i ask to tune the engine for better low-mid torque i could of had 7-8 more hp but still would not be a mach to yours r3 for i needed bigger valves but that budget budget :thumbsup:
SO if your only interested in more lowend below 3000rpm then you can tune for that area with different cams and timing etc BUT the stock Rockets are already strong down low and everyone so far wants more up top so they can run by the fastest sport bikes and hot rodded S&S engined giant big twins 3000 and below is cruising area in 5th gear and leaned downed for good gas mileage And this engine is running stock valves also

Last edited:
It's not real strong below 3000 rpm, but you learn to use the gears a little different, is all. About 4000 it really starts taking off, I've hit 9200 rpm at the rev limiter a couple times, it just pulls and pulls and you kind of forget to shift cuz it seems like it's never going to stop pulling, LOL.

Back