Bigger is Better

What size K&N filter is it? Does it just fit like the bigger ones?
Humm I need to look at mine my dealer when I was in states put aluminum all across the back so K&N filters won't get heat from engine , my sensor might be at the back of aluminum and perhaps don't need it?

Thanks Ishrub I did see those pictures but wasn't sure they where the RX-4040 I thought HansO was going bigger, now I get it :)
I did see picture of a guys rocket that has the 1770's looks good also
Would there be a noticable difference of power going with the RX-4040 compared with the 1770's?
On any K&N filter the first 2 letters are descriptive.
CH is chrome top
RU is rubber top
RX is the extreme filter with extra filter media in the top.
I've been told that the RX filters not only allow more air, but also directs the air straighter into the throttle body, for a better result.

Oh cool you guys are full of information so I'll get the RX- 4040 performance RX:)
Ok heres one for you guys put your thinking cap on:)
I was introduce to this guy that is amazing in metal, I brought him my work that I did out of wood , my spoiler radiator covers and grill and belly pan, he's going to copy them and make them all out of aluminum.
And I also have another tank and want to have a semmetrical look and he suggested making the right side the same has the left side and putting a lock on it and will open as a glove box?

Or do the right side like the left side and make it part of the tank this way my gas tank will be larger and hold more gas, also with a fake scoop on top but will be part of tank ?

Or I was thinking what if he made somthing out of metal that connected up to my tootle body and went to the other side of the tank so I can run RX-4040 on both sides running six and makes the tank to fit around and a nice cover on both sides will that make a huge difference?
Hopfuly he will start this project soon a winter project.

It would look cool but I think a dummy set up not connected to LHS throttle body would suffice. I think you will find the engine can only suck in so much air and the 3x RX-4040 can provide more than your engine will use, especially with Jardine headers and no further major mods.

If you were going to mod the tank I think a glove box with mirror bearclaw cover would look cool but how you could do a mirror bearclaw easily in metal is beyond me. Even a Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) would be a lot of work.

001.jpg
Not exactly What I was planning but it didn't look as good as I wanted so went for plan B and while a bit more sutle I am Happy with the result:)

HansO , I took the plunge I bought the three RX-4040-1K&N filters at K&N.com I didn't think they would sell to public but I found out they do $85.99 each.
I took a small ride with my small K&N filters on with cover off then I put the RX-4040 on and took a ride the extra power was noticable.
I asked about the K&N bracket you have on yours screwing it on top of your K&N and they didn't know what I was talking about I said it says K&N on bracket so it must be yours.
They told me to ask you for the part number?
And does it come with the three screws? If not what size are the screws? And what thread?
So that little plastic cover on top must just screw off?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 8

He made it himself I think and then put a K&N sticker on.

For those interested in putting on the Larger Filters here is what is keeping them on as a saftey measure K&N suggest you put a brace on them hence the decorative strap across the top and it also act to hide the strap that keeps them safe

Yeah just the one, there is a tab (originally used to hold pentilum) behind #'s1 and 2 injector but thought I would try just the centre and if it was not enought it is easy to just add one to the front. The strap across the top is a 32mm x 2mm x 260mm alumim, injector centres are 110 between, the filters already have the holes with a easy to remove/ fall out (loose Fit) rubber plug

No that is not a horn it was a driving light which has been replaced by brighter LED Cree units, the strap could still be made for the 1770's you would just need the take some measurements and bend the alloy strap to the correct stepped shape and fix a brace the same way as I did, I might admit I was a little concerned when guys started using the 1770 filters as that is a lot of filter hanging onto a relatively small lip, I was lucky in my recent (Xmas) tumble that even thu I had a bruise on the inside of my knee from the filter the filter did not come of, also the RX series has a hole with a plug in it already in the end of the filter

I caught the title of this conversation "bigger is better" and i had to click on it....Just to c what was getting stirred..."bigger is better" ? is the subject....
Bellies....,Bikes....., Boats......,Bankrolls.....? I was wrong.,.......BREATHERS

Back