Big bike, cramped riding position, need info

Anyone know if they come in black?

I contacted Rivco with the exact same question before ordering mine, and at least the Rivco peg mounts only come in chrome. While I'm sure there are tons of black highway peg mounts out there, most of them won't work if you wish to mount them on the Rocket peg rails.

I contacted Rivco with the exact same question before ordering mine, and at least the Rivco peg mounts only come in chrome. While I'm sure there are tons of black highway peg mounts out there, most of them won't work if you wish to mount them on the Rocket peg rails.

It'd be a shame to paint them but I might just have to.

I like the footpeg position (but I come off ADV bikes). To me, the issue is the seat. The "kickup" at the rear of the seat is too far forward. I'm thinking about seeing if Corbin or another aftermarket maker has one that is a little longer, and perhaps a little taller. An extra inch or two of height might make a difference.

That is a good point Idaho, I noticed the Roadster touring seat looks like there is less of a kickup and it looks like it occurs further back on the seat. I also could use a little more height in the seat to ease the bend in the legs though, I will look into Corbin to see if a back and up is possible through them.

Not gonna read 6 pages, but if you fine someone with the Classic or Standard set up willing to swap, there will be very little modding to do to make it fit, and you'd gain something like 5 1/2 inches forward and a single inch down on the pegs.

Honestly, it's the ONE thing I do not like about my standard, the feet forward controls. Wanna swap?

+1 for the mid controls + highway pegs combo. I like the better control the mid controls offer in the twisties, but the highway pegs allow you to stretch your legs on the open road. I have the same Rivco peg mounts on my '11 Roadster:

pegs.jpg

Those rails are the perfect thickness? Assuming 1.25 inches?

For a big bike the Roadster feels very cramped on long rides. I am long legged and I end up sitting on the upswept portion of the seat. Something has got to give. It seems a peg forward kit is not being considered by Triumph. Maybe an aftermarket seat would help. Called Triumph tech help desk and the guy said he never heard that this was an issue some people were having, was a jerk. Test drove a Standard and bought a new Roadster so it is on me, if it doesn't feel perfect from the start then what ever bothers you about the fit tends to magnify over time in my experience.

Does the Triumph touring seat move you back any, need back and up for leg room? Does Corbin? Who else is out there? Can I buy rails and everything to move the foot position forward. Maybe Touring model rails and boards even though I prefer pegs.

All this has likely been addressed before but maybe there is new information out there. BTW, riding the twisty roads here in the southern Appalachians this motor is amazing, powering out of the tight curves and switchbacks is a blast, I don't want to trade her.

Refined cycle makes a forward control kit. I am 6'4" with a 36" inseam and love the forward controls. FC17 Forward Controls Triumph Rocket III Roadster Classic Standard & Rocket X

Ok guys. Experienced same comfort problems as above on my 05. At 6 10, 40 inch inseam and 15 boots, I am the minority of rocket riders.

Raise the seat height at least one inch or one and half inches using longer shocks. This helps the hip to bent knee angle and the pain in lower back. To confirm this, remove the top shock bolts and place wood blocks between rear tire and fender until you get the extra inch of seat height. Sit on bike and see that your knee is about 90 degrees to foot pegs and you hip is almost at the same height as you bent knee.

Now extend your arms to handle bars. If you are leaning forward to reach the bars, then you need to install pull backs on your handlebars.

Agree that highway pegs help.

Unconvinced that forward controls alone will help with the lower back hip pain. But am interested in adding same to my bike.

The down side to moving your feet forward (which I have done with standard boards) is every road anomoly you cross sends a huge jolt directly into your back!
Without legs under you to absorb these impacts, pain to your back is exponentially increased!

Back