Big bike, cramped riding position, need info

I have a friend with a Touring that took the mounting rail for the footboards and controls and added 4" into it to move everything forward. He also bent his highway bars forward to fit into the notches on the radiator shroud. He doesn't come here much so I will try to get some pictures of the set up to post.

bob
I looked up some Rivco clamps and peg holders on J&P and they seem to be identical to Rockethead's bike.

I am 6'6" and have a 38" inseam, so I would not think you would be more cramped that I am. But maybe. TBH, the highway bars and pegs work great for me. I can easily stretch out on the highway and cruise all day.

I too sit at the back edge of the seat and what really helped a lot for me was when I converted the pillion into a low backrest. Its amazing how a little support low on the back can make all the difference in your riding experience.

Jusr had dresser bars, Triumph pegs and adjustable gizmos installed. 6'5".

The service rep was about my size, eyeballed me and got it about right. I tried them on an undivided highway yesterday a couple times, when traffic allowed. I think they will be great on the open road.

Now, will not have to hang my legs in the wind every half hour like the Goldwing.

+1 for the mid controls + highway pegs combo. I like the better control the mid controls offer in the twisties, but the highway pegs allow you to stretch your legs on the open road. I have the same Rivco peg mounts on my '11 Roadster:

pegs.jpg

Anyone know if they come in black?

I Googled "black highway peg mounts" and found everything from $21 up to $170 in every configuration imaginable.

I'd like to do them off the controls mount which I think is 1". Looks like there's a lot out there for 1 1/4". Want to mount them just like @jpool, just in all black

Back