Best Performance Air Filters

Jamie's comparision is not apples to apples, he also changed out cams and pistons, which would be much more likely to cause issues.

The only negative I have found with both K&N's and Uni-Filters that bolt on to the throttle bodies, is that at certain RPM's they will whistle a bit.

Jamie's comparision is not apples to apples, he also changed out cams and pistons, which would be much more likely to cause issues.

Correct, or at least partially explanatory. I undoubtedly tackled too many mods at once ;).

Water under the bridge now, anyway. Jamie

T,
And lastly the one for the air sensor.
I DIDN'T plug and play into my filter,
I got a length of gas line from the parts house,
ran it under my tank out of the weather and put the filter on it there.
Hope this helps.
X, that hose really isn't necessary and might even be a problem. The air temp sensor doesn't "pull" any air, it works by air moving across it ... like sticking out in a breeze. The only reason for the little filter is to keep it clean, undamaged and to give it a little airspace. It's really made to stick out into the airstream, like an oxygen sensor in the exhaust so it can read the incoming air. By sticking a warm rubber tube over it, I would guess the only reading it's getting is how hot the area over the valve cover gets. I cut the filter and plugged it into intake air just to get a more accurate reading for the ECM.

Great information from one and all. I have been directed to the post on installing the Triples. Over the next few months I will be adding some extra toys and this will be one of those upgrades. Thanks guys.

Big T

Back