Best Performance Air Filters

T,
No big deal.
Get the trips.
Put the PC3 on and don't worry about it.
The noise isn't loud, or annoying, just a quiet chirping sound from all that air being sucked in through them filters.
You won't even notice it if you ain't listening for it.
As far as the A/F ratio, that can be adjusted on the dyno for your low range, mid range, and high range throttle response.

Last edited:
T if there are so many problems with the tripples why do so many people use them?
If Jamie had a problem with them I suspect the problem was somthing else or a mixture of things. I never went with the tripples as I wanted more power but other then some specific cylinder tuning I see nothing wrong with them.

I know Flip carries them in stock along with the crank case breather one you'll need. just click on his Ikon at the top and your there. He also has some great wire and brake line retainers.

Thanks, found them. Why do I need the crank case filter?
When the drop in filter is eliminated, you need something to filter the air being sucked into the crank case. I didn't use the filter for the air sensor since I lengthened the wires and made a hole in the #1 filter for it. A hot glue gun makes a real nice grommet for the sensor to pop into.
I think the triples are going to solve your top end problem too, I just have doubts that a stock filter can suck enough air at 140+.

So the crank case is connected to the factory plenum that you remove and do away with when you install the triples. So what are you putting a hole in and hot gluing?

Any one tried, heared or can possible give an opinion on the likely preformance of the Zard pipes in conjunction with tripples.

Also what tune might be needed?

Attachments

• t_17451.jpg
    t_17451.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Rocket-3-06-Zard-11ws.jpg
    Rocket-3-06-Zard-11ws.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 62
So the crank case is connected to the factory plenum that you remove and do away with when you install the triples. So what are you putting a hole in and hot gluing?

T,
Hellfire put a hole in one of his triple filters (the first one I think he said).
Lets make this simple.
When you pull out All the ductwork, to do the trip change over, you'll need 5
filters to replace it all with.
The trips you're familiar with that go under the claw.
Another for the crankcase, small, goes on right side of bike, and a real BE-och to get on.
And lastly the one for the air sensor.
I DIDN'T plug and play into my filter,
I got a length of gas line from the parts house,
ran it under my tank out of the weather and put the filter on it there.
Hope this helps.

Back