Been keen to try out a Jardine Big Boss exhaust - finally got one.

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
Been keen to try out a Jardine Big Boss exhaust - finally got one, ceramic coated in satin black.
Seller mentioned it in his R3Classsic listing:

and I asked him to list it for me as a 'buy it now' ;) :cool:

1599442537432.png

Last edited:
That’s interesting, the O2 plug is on the opposite side to my Chrome Jardines. Did they change the build at some point?

That’s interesting, the O2 plug is on the opposite side to my Chrome Jardines. Did they change the build at some point?
Seriously the seller did state that the header had been welded to the collector. May have been done then, I presume they can still fold flat as he was happy to ship cheap after checking with my usual courier service that charges freight via volume/weight formulae. I know the power of cubing on shipping charges. If the f*cker folds flat... squish it! ;):roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Been keen to try out a Jardine Big Boss exhaust - finally got one, ceramic coated in satin black.
Seller mentioned it in his R3Classsic listing:

and I asked him to list it for me as a 'buy it now' with an agreed delivered price of Au$750 (US$550). ;) :cool:

1599442537432.png

Hi mate,

On a slightly different matter if you don't mind. I have an 08 classic with Jardine Big Boss - no baffles. A little loud for me and looking at getting some suitable baffles to quiet the exhaust.

Do you know of any baffles suitable and available for the big boss

Thanks
Geoff

You don't want no stinking baffles! ;) :whitstling:;)🤣
1603337609606.png

Everything has been asked before and can be found with a search here on the forum or Google and that will often bring you to a thread on our forum anyway!

Big City Thunder QQ Thundermonster baffles - largest one QBL 2125
Baffles for pipes with an inside diameter of 2 1/8" and outside diameter of 2 1/4
QQs not the classic TMs.

2 1/8" QUIET THUNDER MONSTER BAFFLES PART # QBL2125​

• Regular price$139.95
Pair of Quiet Thunder Monster Baffles designed for mufflers or head pipes with an INSIDE DIAMETER of 2 1/8". Our baffle is slightly smaller to fit inside of that pipe size..

You MUST measure the inside diameter (ID) of the pipe you're installing the baffles in for proper sizing.

Typically For: Vance & Straight shots, Long Shots, Samson Long Cannons, Big Gun I and II, Cobra Hi Boys and Lo Boys, Bub Big Willy, and more. THIS IS NOT A FITMENT GUIDE, MORE OF A MENTION OF WHAT SOME OF OUR CUSTOMERS HAVE SAID ONCE THEY'VE INSTALLED THESE IN.
1603338878692.png

I have and run the QQ baffles, and like them.
I put them at the other end of the exhaust from the header.
Just stuffed em in there and dropped a bolt through em.
What diameter did you get?
reason I'm asking is you mentioned sending them back,
if they're the same size as mine, I'll buy them off of ya.
You got a roadster right?
I've got mine on my single 3 into 1 pipe and it's 2.5".
If you got 2 of them, I'll put all three in my 3 into 3 pipes....

On the bottom rear of the Jardine Roadster exhaust there are two pop rivets that hold the internal baffle in place. This baffle is wrapped in a high temp fiberglass mesh at the factory. The rivets on the left one were loose and I could move them with my fingers. I drilled both rivet heads off the left baffle, drove the rivets out with a small punch, and the metal baffle slid right out. the fiberglass mesh was 90% gone and the metal baffle was vibrating against the pipe wall, that is what was causing the rattle noise. I purchased a generic motorcycle exhaust repack kit, re-wrapped and wire tied the baffle with new high temp fiberglass mesh, and re-riveted it back in place with new pop rivets. The exhaust repack kit had new fiberglass mesh for both sides, so even though the right side was not lose and rattling, I drilled the rivets and removed that baffle too. It was really stuck in there, however when removed, the glass on the right side exhaust was in worse shape than the one on the left.

Once both sides were re-wrapped and wire tied, and it was all riveted back together, I could really tell a difference in the sound of the exhaust, and although it did not run poorly before, the bike seemed to run better with the repacked exhaust. Perhaps the blown out exhaust baffle wrapping lessened the back pressure, but either way the rattle is gone, the bike is running strong, and I am very happy with the result.

"use sheet metal screws to replace the rivets and that makes it easy to repack in the future"
  • All slash-cut tip designs feature removable baffles

2 1/8" THUNDER MONSTER BAFFLES PART # 2000​

• Regular price$89.95
Shipping calculated at checkout.

Pair of 2000 Series Thunder Monster Baffles for pipes with an inside diameter of 2 1/8". Our baffle is slightly smaller to fit inside of that pipe size.
You MUST measure the inside diameter (ID) of the pipe you're installing the baffles in for proper sizing.
Typically For: Vance & Straight shots, Long Shots, Samson Long Cannons, Big Gun I and II, Cobra Hi Boys and Lo Boys, Bub Big Willy, and more.
THIS IS NOT A FITMENT GUIDE, MORE OF A MENTION OF WHAT SOME OF OUR CUSTOMERS HAVE SAID ONCE THEY'VE INSTALLED THESE IN.

1603341573857.png

Back