Battle of the Baggers

Molinoman-- I was feeling froggy so I sent Motorcyclist an email. I got a pretty weak response within a couple of hours (...). The problem is that magazine is now to painful to read cover to cover, you can only read so much about ducs. There are three separate pieces on them this month alone.

Agree with you. The pro-Ducati bias is a bit annoying. As the 2007 production run of Ducati 1098's is sold out, demonstrating that a properly set-up 999's can be marginally faster is of... marginal interest, at least to me . And, yet, the --somewhat laborious-- demonstration fills no less than 10 pages.

Talking about comparisons, the forthcoming multi-mag SWA Almeira test results which I mentioned earlier (relative to the Daytona 675) are gonna show that in the hypersports (1000cc) class, the 1098 still eats the dust of Yamaha, Suzuki, MV Agusta (yessir), etc. Jamie

Last edited:
I was reading the Super Crusier comparison and the author was poo-pooing the R3's cornering. Has anyone had problems with cornering? I've been riding in the mountains in NC and I haven't had any problem, never "wrestling" the R3 in corners...I don't quite understand the author's point.

The key is the "comparison" between the several. There is no doubt that a +950# behemouth, w/rider, will behave differently from the several others weighing 1-2C less, in the same class; exactly how much could be debated. The balance or real difference could be the tire size differences (width), front to rear. This might make for some sort of gyroscopic conflict and the cause for the wrestling. One of youse engineers might shed some light on this?? I support the statement. Though my BFA vs youse lightweights could be the difference or it could be predjudices. I wouldn't trade for any other:bch:

The Hero Blobs And Chicken Strips Of Vanity

Post those pics, Jamie. We haven't seen the Green Machine in a while.

Have just taken a few pics of my CURRENT wear parts... er... footpegs and tires, Wilbur. Will forward them to Tomo, hoping he'll be kind (or merciful-) enough to post them (have yet to mastermind direct posting:eek: ).

In the meantime, I hope you all like the title I have given to this silly follow-up of mine:D

Jamie

Back