Backing down the driveway ?

Good to hear. As someone else suggested, a simple parking brake is a Velcro strap or even one of those rubber wrist bands around the front brake lever.

You may want to point her towards a Thunderbird Commander, easier on the wallet and lots more fun. Sits low too...
She wont bite. I sat her on a couple triumphs, she likes her Harleys, however I showed her the new Indian Scout that is set to come out in 2015, 1130cc, liquid cooled, a competitor for the sportster, she really liked the look of it.

some one had mention about a rubber mat can not remember what was said but bolted to the rear of the dolly extending about 8 inches should work great.
if you had a strap that you could clip onto the back of the dolly then you could be at the front left handle bar to pull and spin it around. might work?
herman

physical labor, contact areas of skin begin to blister . . . and these bandages we had in the military could be shaped to fit the needed area, and keep going.

Moleskin?

Another field expedient method is to get a needle and syringe and evacuate the fluid from the blister. Once that is done use another needle and syringe to inject a little bit of compound tincture of benzoin into the blistered area. It burns like the seven levels of hell, but it allows the skin to adhere to the blistered area and you can get another 10-20 miles out of your feet if necessary. Once injected, allowed to adhere the skin to the raw area, cover with moleskin and keep on humping!!

bob

With a manual garage door, and noone else home, I had to park, walk back up the driveway to close the door, then get back on the bike and leave. I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.

Congrats, Paul, on the new ride. She's a beaut. Do you have a garage door opener like a Genie or Chamberlin? Or is it truly manual lift and close?

If you have a garage door opener and simply do not have a transmitter, you should look at a Flash2Pass. It operates off the headlight switch and will activate the garage door. I have units on both bikes and my wife's car.

This morning, I decided to back the bike down the driveway -- my "normal" mode. I walked it off the dolly and just beyond the garage door. Garage door closed, I went ahead and had enough momentum to back up the road crown, and gently rolled forward, turning in front of the mail box, ready to take on the day.

As mentioned, and others thought, folks may not realize how maneuverable and stable is the Rocket until it's been done.

I still like the dolly for making room in the garage, even if I don't feel the need to turn it.

Rode to work this morning, doubling the mileage on the bike.

I'm there.

Thank you.

I have to walk mine down, and then the last few feet I have to let it roll to get enough momentum to clear the gutter and make the rise into the street, if I *** it up I start over.... :confused:

You'll be able to do it with a little practice

This is true...5'10' 28 inseam. Learned to proceed slowly and deliberately when backing in my gravel drive. Being attentive and always wearing good boots I have had no problems. Rocket is worth the extra care.

Back