Backing down the driveway ?

"8/15" is the expiration of the state-mandated annual vehicle safety inspection in Virginia. Places I go for this inspection look at the lights and want to hear the horn, and good for another year.

Two densely populated areas are designated special pollution zones, and cars must have an emissions inspection every other year. So far, motorcycles are exempt.

What gross looking stick to hang on a bike. They should just tie the inspection to your vehicle registration...Don't have a valid inspection certificate you don't get to renew.

I believe that IS the Black Widow I mentioned.
Thank you. Think I shall have to get some of these as moving three motors around in a crowded garage is a PIA!

I believe that IS the Black Widow I mentioned.
Thank you. Think I shall have to get some of these as moving three motors around in a crowded garage is a PIA!

My DIY turntable idea just got the flick ,because the dimensions were to large when you measure the bike and allow for safe clearance to ride on and put the side stand down the whole unit takes up a car space und if you allow for the length of the bike to spin around it has to be 2mtrs of the side walls I will try to source one of these ramps locally.

Given the quality of the tool that is your solution, Joe, I'd probably spend more time riding it around my garage than I would riding the Beast out on the road!:thumbsup:

Wishing you and yours many happy hours of use and miles of smiles...

My DIY turntable idea just got the flick ,because the dimensions were to large when you measure the bike and allow for safe clearance to ride on and put the side stand down the whole unit takes up a car space und if you allow for the length of the bike to spin around it has to be 2mtrs of the side walls I will try to source one of these ramps locally.

Not really looking to spin around in a circle. I have no issues with backing out of the garage.
I wish to be able to move around and stack up when not in use to create more room.

Took the bike out the first time. Since I could, I went ahead and turned it, in order to ride out. With a manual garage door, and noone else home, I had to park, walk back up the driveway to close the door, then get back on the bike and leave. I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I may end up backing down the driveway in the end. At least with the dolly, I can ride into the middle of the garage with little concern for clearance, then once loaded, put the bike to the side.

'Twas a warm ride, and I have the same feeling I did when I took off an airplane for the first time without an instructor. In my logbook entry for that flight I wrote, "I flew away from the field, then I found it and safely return." What a thrill. I went to the drugstore for some bandages of which they claimed they had no knowledge. Maybe many of y'all know . . . physical labor, contact areas of skin begin to blister . . . and these bandages we had in the military could be shaped to fit the needed area, and keep going.

Anyway, all the learned principles and reflexes were working as I maneuvered into the parking lot, backed down the slope into a parking spot. Then from there, put fuel in the bike for the first time, again having no problem getting into the gas station and the open pump. Returning home, I found that sweet spot where just enough forward motion combined with the inertia of the dolly I was able to mount the ramp, just pretty as you please.

Thanks again to all, for all the encouragement and suggestions.

All the best,

Cheers,

Paul

Back