martyfagan

Standard Bore
Hi Guys I have a problem with the back wheel of my rocket classic.
It,s only 16 months old with 2,400 dry miles and is garaged all the time. there seems to be crack marks and corrosion in the back wheel. Has anyone come across this before,would be greatfull for any advice.
Regards
Marty.:(

The clear coat on my '08 is so bad that bits of road material and brake debris has embedded in the coating right down to the alloy. I understand that older bikes didn't have this problem with soft/uncured clear coating, but there are a lot of complaints about the '07, '08 and '09 years ... myself included. :mad:
Unless someone can get triumph to fix it, I'm just going to wait until I get the wheels powder-coated.

I thought the wheels were just left polished after about '07 because of the clear coat problem.. With that low of miles and still under warranty, I would show the problem to your dealer and see if it can be replaced..

My clearcoat is actually pretty good though.. I have a very early model, and have 56,000+ miles in all kinds of weather.., well I don't have a snow problem down here, but, while the clear coat does have some spider webbing here and there, overall it has held up really well.

The 05's were the only ones that were coated. Starting in '06, they were not cleared. I guess that was Triumph's way of solving the peeling clear coat issue they had with a few of the bikes.

No Clearcoat

I'm glad to hear there's no clearcoat after '05. One of my winter projects is going to be polishing and protecting the wheels on my '07 Standard. They have what looks like some surface corrosion on them and don't look too good...

I had clear coat on my 1st 06' and on my next 06', the one I have now. It's in pretty good shape I would have to say. A few peeled places but after 36000 hard miles I'm not complaining. Having gone dark those tire changing machines don't get that much of a chance to ding it up. :D

Back