Back Ache

I hope so as keep buying seats is not only expensive but annoying when they don't do the job
Which is a good reason to learn how to do your own.

DSCF0008.JPG

An early attempt.

Think its a two part problem. Position/Distribution to remove back aches. Then seat comfort to remove ass aches. I don't get back ache anymore but I can get ass ache after a while, usually sorted after a quick stop for gas. :)

Would be great to have a massage seat :)

Think its a two part problem. Position/Distribution to remove back aches. Then seat comfort to remove ass aches. I don't get back ache anymore but I can get ass ache after a while, usually sorted after a quick stop for gas. :)

Would be great to have a massage seat :)
Spot on my friend I'm going to try what you did think good idea

Which is a good reason to learn how to do your own.

DSCF0008.JPG

An early attempt.
Got air seat not arse ache with me it's pain in the bottom of the spine as I said before I have a sports injury so I think it's position as lots have said

Is that a hemorrhoid pillow?
I can take it - Pile it on :p

But no. Motorcycle Seat Pads - Dan Medica South Ltd

tbh - The softer 3D mesh used in their treatlite2cushions is probably what I would use if I redid another seat.
I have one of their "trucker" cushions made from the same stuff and it is better than Air and Gel.
I think this is what a few M/C mfrs now use in OEM "comfort" seats - seen quite a few saying 3D mesh.

The harder OVERSEAT hard 3D mesh covers are (imo) better than bead covers - I've tried both.

My R3 seat now has 37mm of Gel inside and a hard 3D mesh over. I reshaped it to get position right It keeps me to the rear of the seat. And it also has a backrest. But I'm fussy.

DSCF0544.JPG

I can take it - Pile it on :p

But no. Motorcycle Seat Pads - Dan Medica South Ltd

tbh - The softer 3D mesh used in their treatlite2cushions is probably what I would use if I redid another seat.
I have one of their "trucker" cushions made from the same stuff and it is better than Air and Gel.
I think this is what a few M/C mfrs now use in OEM "comfort" seats - seen quite a few saying 3D mesh.

The harder OVERSEAT hard 3D mesh covers are (imo) better than bead covers - I've tried both.

My R3 seat now has 37mm of Gel inside and a hard 3D mesh over. I reshaped it to get position right It keeps me to the rear of the seat. And it also has a backrest. But I'm fussy.

DSCF0544.JPG
Great post, I'm going to have a go at adding gel layer during the cold February weather in uk. Will also look at the 3D covering. I have the original old seat (not worth much) so not overly concerned about damaging it. got to break some eggs to make an omelette :)

If it hasn’t been said, exercise off the bike is a must as well to strengthen the stability muscles. I was developing bad lower back ache from too much time in a car and sitting at a desk. Lumbar pillows only got me so far and my riding was getting affected. After a few weeks at the physical therapist to address some T-band issues we focused on stability muscles. Been incredible.

Back