Back Ache

M.J

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Rocket III 2005/ Triumph Rocket 3 R 2020
I am wondering if anyone can tell me for definite whether foot pegs help with lower spine ache. I have a triumph Gel seat that does not help i bought an air seat that helps some but not perfect someone told me i must be slouching as i ride that made a lot of sense. I put Rivco Risers on to see if that helped,so the next thing i was told is foot pegs help with the problem but dont want to spend £80 on something that is not going to do anything,so any sensible suggestions would be appreciated. I have floorboards so that may be an issue ? Thank You M. J.

Last edited:
Which Footboards?. There are Normal and Classic (lower) boards.

Also how tall are you?.

imo the Triumph seats ALL have the same trait. They encourage your bum to slide forward and this makes the lower spine curve against nature. A back rest HELPS but is not in itself a cure.

Any good seat rebuilders close?

I too get backache in the lower lumber area...right side.
I put rivco risers on...Honda Goldwing footpegs as hiway pegs on the inch frame forward of the brake pedal. This helps when i need to stretch the legs and relieve the back pain...
I think it is going to help if you can move your legs when you want to.
d_349-500x367.jpg

d_285-500x356.jpg

Shame you are not close to me as I would let you borrow my Corbin seat for a spell, Corbin seats are brick hard -the stock seat is designed for someone after a hard night in a SanFran night club.
The seat was the first thing I changed back in 2005 and never regretted it, in fact, the same seat has now been on my three Rockets.

I put rivco risers on...Honda Goldwing footpegs as hiway pegs on the inch frame forward of the brake pedal. This helps when i need to stretch the legs and relieve the back pain...
Oddly I did something similar with pegs behind the footboards. But fixing the seat so I could not slip forward and slouch was "the cure".

Shame you are not close to me as I would let you borrow my Corbin seat for a spell, Corbin seats are brick hard -the stock seat is designed for someone after a hard night in a SanFran night club.
The seat was the first thing I changed back in 2005 and never regretted it, in fact, the same seat has now been on my three Rockets.

That explains the smell

Which Footboards?. There are Normal and Classic (lower) boards.

Also how tall are you?.

imo the Triumph seats ALL have the same trait. They encourage your bum to slide forward and this makes the lower spine curve against nature. A back rest HELPS but is not in itself a cure.

Any good seat rebuilders close?
Thank you I'm 5:11 and have Triumph board level with the foot rail I will look for a seat builder I bought a new Triumph gel seat that was expensive so don't want to chop it about maybe sell it and look for a new type of seat

Thank you very much for that I will give it a go
I too get backache in the lower lumber area...right side.
I think it is going to help if you can move your legs when you want to.
d_349-500x367.jpg

d_285-500x356.jpg

Back