Back on the radar once again!

bigern2300

.060 Over
Hey everyone!
Well after a year of being offline, i've finally got my own laptop and told the local library to stick it! That's the good news.
The bad news is my output shaft bearing finally let go, luckly just a mile or so from the house. So i dropped the sump pan and sure enough it was full of bearing cage from the output shaft bearing, so out came the motor and into the den once again!
So question is... has Triumph ever come up with a bearing worth a ****. The bike 4 years old with around 75,000 on it, so i imaginge *****ing at Triumph won't do any good. Good to be back with you guys again! Bigern

Hey everyone!
Well after a year of being offline, i've finally got my own laptop and told the local library to stick it! That's the good news.
The bad news is my output shaft bearing finally let go, luckly just a mile or so from the house. So i dropped the sump pan and sure enough it was full of bearing cage from the output shaft bearing, so out came the motor and into the den once again!
So question is... has Triumph ever come up with a bearing worth a ****. The bike 4 years old with around 75,000 on it, so i imaginge *****ing at Triumph won't do any good. Good to be back with you guys again! Bigern

****. Some of us are still around.

Triumph has been stepping up to the plate and doing the TDU amongst other upgrades under warranty even if the bike is out of warranty. Depends on engine number and VIN.

You...might have a problem in as much as you have already taken it apart once before, but then again, you may not.

If you are going to do it yourself, replace it with an SKF or Fafnir.

I'm sure Pigger and Tomo will be along shortly.

Good to hear from you Flip! Fafnir? I don't think i've heard of that brand. Where are they made?

Gerrmany. The TDU output bearing has become the commonplace refit. I'm sure that someone has the tatoo id from the side. It is tatoo'd. That number will cross the bearing across all ISO certified manufacturers like Timken, SKF, Bruning, Toyo and Fafnir.

**** glad to have you back big, shoot you should have had Triumph do the whole thing for you. It includes lots of other stuff and I'm pretty sure you would qualify on yours. However I do remember about your preference for doing it yersef.:D

BigErn,
I thought you moved to Tulsa, are you back in Tahlequah again?

I still have my house in Tahlequah but work in Tulsa. The job market forced me to go to work in Tulsa but luckly with the same company. I'm waiting on the housing market to improve so i can sell my place in the "Quah.

Back