Back Ache

No amount of doing whatever with movements and exercise will help my back I have a sports injury and just need to get comfortable whilst riding and the answers I have had seem very positive for me Thanks
I had a fusion about 13yrs ago. Worst I felt was when I was inactive. Regular lifting and stretching keeps me going.

And the one thing I didnt see recommended is stop and stretch. After about an hour I stop and let everything loosen up.
Yup that works too. I find on long sustained motorway blasts that stopping for fuel at 160km (100miles) instead of maxing out the tank and the attendant movement of legs/shoulders etc helps a lot.

One thing that may contribute to poor posture - weak stomach muscles aka flabby tummy. Guilty as charged.

I had a fusion about 13yrs ago. Worst I felt was when I was inactive. Regular lifting and stretching keeps me going.
I train 4 days a week and have been a martial arts instructor for 40+years my problem is a sports injury that stops me getting comfortable and my back ache even after 40 miles I have had positive answers on pegs and back rests being unfit and not supple is not one of my problems :thumbsup:

Yup that works too. I find on long sustained motorway blasts that stopping for fuel at 160km (100miles) instead of maxing out the tank and the attendant movement of legs/shoulders etc helps a lot.

One thing that may contribute to poor posture - weak stomach muscles aka flabby tummy. Guilty as charged.
Not flabby but will see if it helps :thumbsup:

I am wondering if anyone can tell me for definite whether foot pegs help with lower spine ache. I have a triumph Gel seat that does not help i bought an air seat that helps some but not perfect someone told me i must be slouching as i ride that made a lot of sense. I put Rivco Risers on to see if that helped,so the next thing i was told is foot pegs help with the problem but dont want to spend £80 on something that is not going to do anything,so any sensible suggestions would be appreciated. I have floorboards so that may be an issue ? Thank You M. J.
If you ride with a wallet in your back pocket, don't! Don't wear pants with a tight waist or a tight belt and get an inversion table and use it regularly to align your spine and pull fluid into your discs. What setting are your rear shocks set on?

@M.J, have someone take a picture of you sitting on bike in riding position and let the guys look at what’s going on, @1olbull has done a lot of research studying on this and others may be able to help you figure this out by seeing a picture, at least I would think you will get some good advice on what you may wanna try. Not that you haven’t already I’m just saying a picture may help even further with this issue.

If you ride with a wallet in your back pocket, don't! Don't wear pants with a tight waist or a tight belt and get an inversion table and use it regularly to align your spine and pull fluid into your discs. What setting are your rear shocks set on?
the shocks are set for my weight they ride well in the bends and seem good to me to be honest but what is good for me may not be right i understand that but they are set for my weight as per what the manual says Thanks for the reply

@M.J, have someone take a picture of you sitting on bike in riding position and let the guys look at what’s going on, @1olbull has done a lot of research studying on this and others may be able to help you figure this out by seeing a picture, at least I would think you will get some good advice on what you may wanna try. Not that you haven’t already I’m just saying a picture may help even further with this issue.
Thank you sounds like a good idea:thumbsup:

Back