Pig9r

Living Legend
Here's possible pic of Triumph's middle weight 1400 to 1600cc cruiser based on the Rocket engine. Supposed to be using a boneville frame and front end for test bed for the engine.

It almost looks like they put a bogus anti spy cover on the side of it...

Wow... a lot of rumors for a long time now about this.

On close inspection.....

Pig9r:

That bike looks like a bunch of miss-mash parts from the parts bins. It has a Speedmaster speedo, America tank, shocks are T100, it has bag rails of unknown origin,
the rear wheel is a mag;cast variety, while the front wheel is Thruxton or T100 or even pre-Hinkley (It has what looks like a conical hub), forks look to be T100 and if you look really close between the riders big butt and leg, it looks to be an 865 air/oli cooled vertical twin. The visible pipe is in the right spot for that assumption and that visible pipe is a doubled walled variety off the America/Speedmaster with a TOR muffler. I'm wondering if somebody at the factory built a "special". That rider looks like the Michelin Man, Pilsbury Doughboy or maybe VonBonds in his "marshmallow suit".:D

I hate to bust you bubble, but on close inspection it looks to be something other than a baby Rocket. More like a Roman Candle:roll:

That front wheel has a disk brake on it Flip... It's certainly not a comical hub. I can't see any of the engine really.

A 1600 cc bike would be a real Sportster fighter, wouldn't it :D

If they did build such a thing.. do you think they would drop the Bonnie line of bikes and go to the big twin??

That front wheel has a disk brake on it Flip... It's certainly not a comical hub. I can't see any of the engine really.

A 1600 cc bike would be a real Sportster fighter, wouldn't it :D

If they did build such a thing.. do you think they would drop the Bonnie line of bikes and go to the big twin??

My eyes are shot...you are right, disc brake. Actually, I did a comparo to my T100 and the wheel is identical.

A well tuned Briggs is a Sportster fighter and an average Kohler will beat them both.:D

Bloor started the new company with the Bonnie, which is still the mainstay of the Marque in many riders eyes. I don't think so. The New Bonnie is gaining acceptance from the younger crowd too. They all want to "be outside of the box" so to speak. The Scrambler and Thuxton are variants of the T100 as well as the America and Speedmaster. It's nice to take a basic platform and build so many variants. Bloor's alter ego must be Lee Iaccoca:)

I thought it was a good move by Bloor waiting as long as he did to re-introduce the Bonneville. That was the one model everyone was waiting for and he waited until the company was established in the world market again. I kind of cheapens the name to slap it on just anything they throw together.

Tomo & Pig9r:

If you look closely (I used a reading glass) at the location of the exhaust spigot in the picture, it looks to be an 865 Parallel twin. Go to one of my sidecar photo's, especially the one of the left side and compare the location. That is a 790 engine, but the location is the same. Besides, right behind the big boy's boot is a casting for a passengers peg that looks like it's off a new model Speedmaster. Bart has a set of those in his garage. First thing to get tossed.....ugly.

The rider looks like he might be expecting....a baby

Back