Autumn Rocket III Reunion in France

Jamie

Living Legend
22 Rocket owners and their mounts met in central France (between Lyon and Clermont-Ferrand, up in the mountains) this week-end, including yours truly (the only non-French) . Trackerjack, who is a member here, had masterminded the event. Franco-Indian summer :) , unusually warm and sunny... although it gradually changed to Fall on my way back to Switzerland. Virtually no traffic. Majestic scenery. Good company. Just a bit less than 500 miles overall... Best. Jamie;)

Sounds Wonderful

Jamie..... I envy you for living in such a beatiful area of the world where you're probably no more than several kilometers from winding, scenic routes. My time in Germany - especially the Black Forest was a real eye opener to beauty and I would have given almost anything to have a bike to ride in those days. Instead I drove a 1949 VW with a split rear window and no fuel gauge. You drove until it ran out of gas and then turned a little L-shaped handle under the dash and your reserve tank kicked in. The only thing the old VW's didn't have was a good heater.

Any pictures to post of the French event?

Great riding Jamie,dang.I ditto what PianoMan said but not the bug part.In the winter we went to the Mountains for the ski season.22 Rockets now that has to be a sight to see,hear and get out of the way of.Man that has got to be the place to ride period.Hats off to your group and lets see some proof.

That sounds like a great ride. I'll bet 22 Rockets together sounds pretty cool...

Thanks for the pic! Any more? (We like pics! :D)

Raymond, at our age, are we not all technically (and/or otherwise) challenged? :D

OK, I confess I could not access the first pic, TrackerJack's first post upstairs, on a "view" mode without first registering it, i.e. dispatching it to a personal file or folder. As far as his three other links are concerned, they are meant to be --and should thus be-- direct "click-on and view" . And, lo and behold, that's the quasi instantaneous way I got to them. Now, "click-on and view" can take some time (am talking half a minute max. , neither seconds nor... hours) with regards to color pics (NOT the french vernacular surrounding them) depending on your soft 'n hardware configuration. Am no expert either. So: best of luck;) . Jamie

Back