[Aug 23, 2014] Virginia Mega-Mile AMA Flat Track Races (New Kent, VA)

Ok. Jockey Club it is. I'd prefer to arrive around 3pm.

Gates open at Noon
Timed practice is at 1:30pm
Opening ceremonies at 3:30pm
Racing from 4pm - 7pm

Called the track this morning to find out that the ticket levels listed on the website are all wrong. Buying a Grandstand seat gives you access to the Jockey Club levels when you need a break from the sun. Picked up two tix in Section C Row E.

I had a blast watching the specially designed machines turn gas into noise and speed. I joined James and Ian just after the first race due to @rainman doing his thing, (I really don't understand what I have done to you brother to casue you to rain on me so much this year. Whatever it is, please forgive me man). It's a 1.5 hour ride to New Kent from my area and it rained the first hour with horrible traffic. After the races, the three of us left together and of course, more rain. But the good thing was, it didn't rain during the races!!!
Ian split off to ride home to MD and I followed Tdragger into Fredricksburg where I replaced my tail light (break light still worked but not the running light and I figured I needed that in the rain at night). Made it home for some left over food from the 2yo birthday party I attended prior to riding down.
20140823_162535.jpg

20140823_163815.jpg

Ian is on the left and Tdragger on the Right.
20140823_191721.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't get the memo about the black t-shirt and the beard, but apart from that it was a great day. It rained on us only when Boog was there. As soon as I split off it stopped raining (at least where I was) and I was dry by the time i got home.

I didn't get the memo about the black t-shirt and the beard, but apart from that it was a great day. It rained on us only when Boog was there. As soon as I split off it stopped raining (at least where I was) and I was dry by the time i got home.

Are you trying to say I am stealing @rainman glory. My mom will be so disapointed...

Back