[Aug 23, 2014] Virginia Mega-Mile AMA Flat Track Races (New Kent, VA)

tdragger

Living Legend
Thinking about riding down for the day and taking in the races. Anyone else up for it?

http://www.colonialdowns.com/motorcycle-race/

I'll probably go for Grandstand tix. Might upgrade to Jockey Club if anyone else is interested.

This sounds interesting TD. I will check with Pretty Pillion to see if she wants to come along too. I will be wrapping up a four week trip the day before so I don't want to automatically say I will join just yet. :)

Is this happening? Are we going for the jockey Club? How soon do we need to get tickets?

Checking on this today. Jockey Club tix are $40 in advance. I'm in for that.

As an option, I sent an email to the track regarding the Turf Club tix. $85 includes the buffet but they list a very strict business casual dress code. I've inquired as to whether they will be relaxing the dress code or not.

Let's say that we need to decide by Thursday. Right now I favor the Jockey Club option but I can go up to the Turf Club or down to the Grandstand.

Color me VERY JEALOUS!
Nothing better than dirt track mile race.
I used to frequently do the San Jose Mile until it went away.
:(

I'm not against the Turf Club tix, but if jeans aren't allowed then the jockey Club will be fine. Is there a minimum order of tickets required for the Jockey Club?

edit: had them backwards, corrected now.

Jockey Club tix can be bought 1 at a time.

Turf Club gets you a 4 place table so 4 tix have to be bought together. I'm thinking we should stick with the Jockey Club.

Back