Arrrrgh , all of a sudden running like chit on idle

Low tension is sitting at the pub with your mates. High tension is explaining it the wife when you get home ;) Seriously the small colored wires on coils bring the low voltage (tension) power to the coils from the ECU. The coils then convert it to high voltage (tension) to fire across the spark plug. This system was brought to us by Nikola Tesla many years ago.

patent.jpg

Yup... That "tension" term has been thrown around for years. Low voltage or "primary" coil winding side and high voltage or "secondary" winding side of the coil are really the term that are more technically correct. With that said...and for the novice, check you coil wire leads, connections and spark plug wire connections and insulation describes it best. Sorry that I digressed from the topic, but I had to add my two cents as well to the conversation.

@Wrecka. Hopefully it's just something you disturbed when you were routing around under the tank as all was fine before then. SOunds like you're almost there anyway. Must be really annoying.

Tomorrow is the first chance i'll have to actually take the tank off , check all leads and hoses, upload a tweaked tune , reset adaptions and let it go through a 12 min tune.

Tomorrow is the first chance i'll have to actually take the tank off , check all leads and hoses, upload a tweaked tune , reset adaptions and let it go through a 12 min tune.

Wrecka I had the front coil lead issue, the crimps are not very good, it was getting dark and cold and suddenly the bike was missing and dropping in and out between two and three cylinders. Was way out in the wops too, without laptop and cable to connect. Got to where we were staying and lifted the tank. The first thing I went for was the LT coil terminals and the front was just rattling around. Squeezed them up and pushed them back on and ran sweet. Been riding all day with no issue till that point Good luck

Back