Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3R
Here's the bike mods to start
14 R3R
Triple Air cleaners
Custom Headers hooked up to original collector box and running into 2 TORS
Map thats loaded is for K&N triples and Tors
Through winter the bike has run great only a slight burrble on change down from 3rd-2nd no back fire , had the occasional pop back through the throttle bodies but that had happened from the day i picked it up brand new.

Yesterday went for a ride through crawling traffic on a relatively hot day for around 40 mins , as i changed down rolling up to the lights i had one allmighty backfire through the middle throttle body that blew the filter most of the way off. After this happened it started backfiring though the exhaust , not big ones just little occasional pops on change down. I then rode 40klm on the freeway and the bike ran fine , no issues.

After being at a mates for 2 hours , went to start the cold bike and it was a bit hard to start , once it did start the idle was a bit off and kept giving the occasional small pop through the middle throttle body , once on the highway with the engine warm it was running ok , got home without any popping from either end.

This morning i again started it and it's still doing the pop through the middle throttle body on idle !!

Im taking a stab in the dark here and guess/hoping it's a stepper motor / idle adjustment and new map needed , im freaking hoping i havent got a ****ed valve , looking for some ideas where to start checking things starting with the obvious/easiest first

Check you hi and low tension lead to the middle cylinder coils, these will be the first coil that you can see from right side of bike if all connects are snug fit check the plugs them selves, that is where I would be looking

Check you hi and low tension lead to the middle cylinder coils, these will be the first coil that you can see from right side of bike if all connects are snug fit check the plugs them selves, that is where I would be looking
Thanks mate will look into it tomorrow

No never had that recall done mate, one things for sure with the mods done on my bike i really doubt theyd even cover a warranty claim on somthing basic.

Back