Are mid controls on the new Rocket 3 GT worth it???

Happy

Standard Bore
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Roadster ABS
I finally got a Rocket 3 GT after wanting one since the introduction of the TFC back in 2019. This is actually my 4th rocket and I think I am going to hang on to this one. It is a really beautiful bike. I have now been driving it for about a month and I really hate the forward controls. Is it just me or when you get up to speed on the highway, the wind wants to blow your knees apart or your feet off the forward pegs....? I thought I would get used to it but I am really having issues. So I decided I am going to install some risers and bring the GT handlebar up and back towards me. I ordered a corbin seat with a driver's back rest and an upgraded pillon seat and sissy bar back rest. I ordered the windshield from power bronze, a company in England, what a sharp looking windshield that looks modern too. If you haven't and like windshields you should check it out. The last thing I have in mind is to install the mid controls.... I am 5' 9" and have a short 30" inseam and those forward controls are just uncomfortable. They are in the mid position from what I can tell but before I put out any more money, does anyone have any advice on putting the mid controls on the bike. I was also talking to an aluminum fabricator about making a bracket to put some highway pegs on the bike after the mid control installation. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated cause my wife is about to kill me if I spend any more money on mid controls and wind up hating it. Thanks in advance for any feedback I receive.

I have the gt and felt the same initially with controls all the way forward. I moved them all the way back and problem solved. My shin is about perpendicular to the ground. If my feet were further back there would be more of a bend, which I think would bother my knees after awhile.
Give it a try before sinking money into mid controls.

I have the gt and felt the same initially with controls all the way forward. I moved them all the way back and problem solved. My shin is about perpendicular to the ground. If my feet were further back there would be more of a bend, which I think would bother my knees after awhile.
Give it a try before sinking money into mid controls.
I will give it a try, thanks....

Give it a try as I believe you will like it. I'm 5'9" also and the forward controls were just as you stated. The feet forward was a serious pain in my lower back. I felt every bump reverberate into my lower spine. I ordered the mid controls after my first long ride on the GT. They took a month to get them in stock if I remember correctly. I now have a pain free back and as I go over bumps I can push down on my feet and raise up to disperse the impact so all is good on longer rides. If I had to have the forward pegs I would have sold it or bought the R. Well worth it in my opinion. Also much easier on the back roads for cornering and such (for me that is). Cheers.

I asked for the mid control configuration when I ordered the bike. 5'9'' as well. They then told be for eight weeks that the parts were on order. Turns out, the mid control kit wasn't on the sales invoice and the parts were not coming in. So, I paid another bunch of $$ out for the mid controls kit and another trip to the dealer is in store for me once the parts come in. I am also concerned that, after months, I have gotten used to the forward controls and will find the mid controls "funny" for a while. It would be a bit embarrassing to pay to have them moved back to the front and the shift assist adjusted again. If I may, what risers did you use? Are the cables under tension with the risers? If you find a solution to the front peg mounting, have them make one for me! As it should be a simple thing, I'm surprised LaMonster or other aftermarket folks have not already put them out.

Rox risers. Do a search.
You and Mighty at 5ft 9 inch might be better with the controls. I am 6 ft 1inch which may be why I don't need them. Trial will tell.

Rox risers. Do a search.
You and Mighty at 5ft 9 inch might be better with the controls. I am 6 ft 1inch which may be why I don't need them. Trial will tell.
I sent an E-mail to Rox and they will not confirm that the risers are suitable for the GT, only that other customers have put them on and the cables look like they are tight (may be under tension?). And there was some rerouting required....

I sent an E-mail to Rox and they will not confirm that the risers are suitable for the GT, only that other customers have put them on and the cables look like they are tight (may be under tension?). And there was some rerouting required....
Search all post about rox risers. There is explanation. I cannot do this again. Sorry.

I asked for the mid control configuration when I ordered the bike. 5'9'' as well. They then told be for eight weeks that the parts were on order. Turns out, the mid control kit wasn't on the sales invoice and the parts were not coming in. So, I paid another bunch of $$ out for the mid controls kit and another trip to the dealer is in store for me once the parts come in. I am also concerned that, after months, I have gotten used to the forward controls and will find the mid controls "funny" for a while. It would be a bit embarrassing to pay to have them moved back to the front and the shift assist adjusted again. If I may, what risers did you use? Are the cables under tension with the risers? If you find a solution to the front peg mounting, have them make one for me! As it should be a simple thing, I'm surprised LaMonster or other aftermarket folks have not already put them out.
I'm 5'8" ( 30 inch inseam) and had the controls moved to the rearmost position on my new GT. I knew I had the option of mid controls but after several miles of riding...I'm very comfortable with this setup. As far as I'm concerned, the bars on the GT are perfect!

Give it a try as I believe you will like it. I'm 5'9" also and the forward controls were just as you stated. The feet forward was a serious pain in my lower back. I felt every bump reverberate into my lower spine. I ordered the mid controls after my first long ride on the GT. They took a month to get them in stock if I remember correctly. I now have a pain free back and as I go over bumps I can push down on my feet and raise up to disperse the impact so all is good on longer rides. If I had to have the forward pegs I would have sold it or bought the R. Well worth it in my opinion. Also much easier on the back roads for cornering and such (for me that is). Cheers.
That's what I was thinking... thanks for the reply. I already ordered mine....🙂

Back