Are mid controls on the new Rocket 3 GT worth it???

I was having a bit of that hits in my low spine with some road bumps, but I am 6'1 with a GT and the controls in the middle position. tried moved forward, then backward, backward a bit better. After installing the Rox risers, my position is perfect with the controls in the middle. No other change needed. Back roads, Cornering, that is just preference. I rode my cbr sportbike after the rocket3, the rocket3 give me the same fun in the curves, not really missing the head first of my sportbikerocket cbr, then again, I am not really a fast knee-elbow-shoulder-topofmyhelmet-dragging rider.

I finally got a Rocket 3 GT after wanting one since the introduction of the TFC back in 2019. This is actually my 4th rocket and I think I am going to hang on to this one. It is a really beautiful bike. I have now been driving it for about a month and I really hate the forward controls. Is it just me or when you get up to speed on the highway, the wind wants to blow your knees apart or your feet off the forward pegs....? I thought I would get used to it but I am really having issues. So I decided I am going to install some risers and bring the GT handlebar up and back towards me. I ordered a corbin seat with a driver's back rest and an upgraded pillon seat and sissy bar back rest. I ordered the windshield from power bronze, a company in England, what a sharp looking windshield that looks modern too. If you haven't and like windshields you should check it out. The last thing I have in mind is to install the mid controls.... I am 5' 9" and have a short 30" inseam and those forward controls are just uncomfortable. They are in the mid position from what I can tell but before I put out any more money, does anyone have any advice on putting the mid controls on the bike. I was also talking to an aluminum fabricator about making a bracket to put some highway pegs on the bike after the mid control installation. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated cause my wife is about to kill me if I spend any more money on mid controls and wind up hating it. Thanks in advance for any feedback I receive.
Hi I had the same issue as you I'm the same height imitated the mid control pegs and it has transformed the bike I would highly recommend the move to them

I finally got a Rocket 3 GT after wanting one since the introduction of the TFC back in 2019. This is actually my 4th rocket and I think I am going to hang on to this one. It is a really beautiful bike. I have now been driving it for about a month and I really hate the forward controls. Is it just me or when you get up to speed on the highway, the wind wants to blow your knees apart or your feet off the forward pegs....? I thought I would get used to it but I am really having issues. So I decided I am going to install some risers and bring the GT handlebar up and back towards me. I ordered a corbin seat with a driver's back rest and an upgraded pillon seat and sissy bar back rest. I ordered the windshield from power bronze, a company in England, what a sharp looking windshield that looks modern too. If you haven't and like windshields you should check it out. The last thing I have in mind is to install the mid controls.... I am 5' 9" and have a short 30" inseam and those forward controls are just uncomfortable. They are in the mid position from what I can tell but before I put out any more money, does anyone have any advice on putting the mid controls on the bike. I was also talking to an aluminum fabricator about making a bracket to put some highway pegs on the bike after the mid control installation. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated cause my wife is about to kill me if I spend any more money on mid controls and wind up hating it. Thanks in advance for any feedback I receive.
Hi I had the same issue as you I'm the same height imitated the mid control pegs and it has transformed the bike I would highly recommend the move to them
That's what I was thinking... thanks for the reply. I already ordered mine....🙂

Just took Delivery of a 2022 Rocket3gt, and after my first ride am thinking I need to make the swap to mid controls for a couple of reasons. As mentioned by others my ailing 64yo back feels every ripple in the road without the ability to support some of my weight with my legs. Secondly, I am finding it very difficult to throw my leg over the passenger backrest thats installed on the GT, due to the above mentioned back issues. Im thinking that with mid controls I could mount up the bike with my left foot using the footpeg to gain some additional height when throwing my right leg over the bike. My hope was to be able to find someone here interested in a straight up swap of my forwards for their mids. Anyone here from the States interested in such a swap???

Having my GT converted to the mids and quick-shift now. Seems they have to reuse some of the GT parts on the conversion. Then connect to the Triumph software to reconfigure the shifter action (reversed). Riding feet forward with no way to stand up or brace for bad road convinced me to change them out.

I spent the money for the mid controls on my GT. I think it was money well spent. Definitely feels more comfortable to me when cornering, etc.

Back