Any other rt3 owner had this prob

hooky

.040 Over
Went with wife to the bugsplatz rally , lots of beer ,lots of good music , lots of good people, no sex coz she not doin it in no tent with everyone listening,ok more beer then. Anyway to the problem went to get provisions from supermarket without the wife and opened her up , took here to 120mph for the first time , at 110mph a weave started thought keep going and it may stop but at 120mph it was starting to get bum twitch time so backed off :eek:. Standard screen on and no wieght on board well only me , tyres good and have checked pressure since and down by a pound but thats all . Anyone had same thing happen . Any advice thoughts welcome.:confused:

I have had mine up to 110 -120 on several occasions and have not noticed any discernible weave. Could it have been the surface of the road causing the weave?

Jim

I had that happen a couple of times, both when I still had the original Bridgestone tires, which were recalled. Since you have a 2010, you don't have those tires.

Several things can contribute to the problem. You've checked tire pressure, and assuming the bike was assembled correctly I doubt you have front end component issues. Road conditions may contribute, but remember you're riding a bike that really isn't designed for high speeds. The windshield and bags don't exactly make for a stable high speed machine.

Check your rear preload as well. The problem in the front can sometimes be generated from the rear. Also check headstock bearings are properly adjusted. Greatest likelihood is wheel balance. Take the wheels off and re-balance them (I have my own static balancer to do this). When you adjust something test it. Keep doing one change at a time and test after each change. Otherwise you'll never know what cured it if you change 50 things and it's gone.

Good Luck

Exact same thing happened to me, got home, 18 lbs pressure in rear tire. :eek: Gets my vote.

Many thanks for all your advice chaps and i will be checking things out over this week but i think Triumphil my be onto something with the lack of tent sex spasms. Iv`e just weighed my balls and one weighs 2lb and the other weighs 3lb and i think this imbalance has caused spasms to travel from my groin area up and along my arms thus making the bike weave as i became excited at high speed. Iv`e had a word with my wife and told her we need to take action to put this right and she is getting me some bromide for my brew. Regards Hooky:confused:

Back