I lived in England from 1981 to 1984 at the service of the US Government. US Air Force to be exact.

I owned a 1973 Ford Cortina. I never had an issue with driving.

When I made Sergeant I had 2 airman under me that got in trouble with the local law enforcement.

We handed them over quicker than you could shake a stick.

Nothing I loved more than standing in front of the CO with them.

I am so tired of politicians and diplomats and their special rules.

1265185950_PICT0014a-720x340.jpg
I've written off 2 of them ! both when I was 17 and both in spectacular fashion . In one incident I left the road at about 60mph at the brow of a hill , took out about 50yds of post and rail fencing and rolled it at least 3 times through a field of kale . Both myself and my mate were shaken but not stirred ! I was gutted coz I only bought the thing a few days before , and my mate was pissed coz he lost his bag of weed . plus we had about a 15 mile walk home in the pouring rain at 3am . built like tanks they were ! This case in question was tragic , The woman was on the wrong side of the road on the brow of a hill . The young lad never stood a chance ! If the boot was on the other foot, I'm sure Trump would demand an extradition ? It's a mixed up shook up world , but I'm guessing Trump relied on his great and infinite wisdom when he decided this woman would not have to account for herself ! very sad indeed .

Y'all are neglecting to mention our allies across the pond have done the same when something similar happened here. It's just the way the system works when sovereign governments are involved.

I know that some big cities here and back home are out a lot of money in traffic fines etc when they play the old DI card but killing(not on purpose) someone :eek: I do not recall a British national doing that over here and fleeing the country claiming DI but I could be wrong.

Don't care it ain't right. Look you screw up face it and pay for your screw up. It is the right thing to do. Anything else says your not fit to be decent person. Much less a diplomat. I have ****ed up many of times in the past but always paid the piper and accepted the results of many a bad call or decision. You play you pay not run and hide like a rat caught eating garbage.

Y'all are neglecting to mention our allies across the pond have done the same when something similar happened here. It's just the way the system works when sovereign governments are involved.
I do recall an incident , but involving the diplomat themselves not a spouse . As far as I am aware dip immunity does not extend to the family's of said diplomats ?

I do recall an incident , but involving the diplomat themselves not a spouse . As far as I am aware dip immunity does not extend to the family's of said diplomats ?
Immediate family are usually on diplomatic passports as well which has same coverage.

Back