I've read several articles on this, to include one on the BBC website and it is still not clear to me who or what her husband is, that is diplomatic corps, government employee.

Status of Forces agreements vary by country and somewhat protect our military personnel, depending on the agreement. Intelligence agency employees generally don't get diplomatic immunity unless assigned to an embassy/consulate office or some such. One BBC report said there were something like 23,000 individuals in UK with diplomatic immunity. It sounds like UK has let this get a bit out of control.

One BBC report said there were something like 23,000 individuals in UK with diplomatic immunity. It sounds like UK has let this get a bit out of control.

There are over 100,000 representatives of foreign governments, including dependents, in the United States. Many of these persons may be entitled to some degree of immunity under international law.
Source: UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF STATE OFFICE OF FOREIGN MISSIONS

There are over 100,000 representatives of foreign governments, including dependents, in the United States. Many of these persons may be entitled to some degree of immunity under international law.
Source: UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF STATE OFFICE OF FOREIGN MISSIONS

I know. A couple of reasons is that we are a much larger country than GB and we have that sorry, corrupt UN organization on our soil. I believe the same thing about the US that I suggested for GB, it's gotten out of control.

Edit: Out of control and way beyond the original intent. It's become a shield for criminal activity. We've had the same thing happen in the US that is the subject of this thread. A foreign national, with diplomatic immunity, will injure, maim or kill a US citizen and take off, never to face the consequences.

Last edited:
The Prince has not claimed diplomatic immunity for anything, and right now, allegations against him are just that - allegations.

Getting away from thread topic .

Should be required to have a sign on cars indicating "Warning! Extra Vigilance Needed, Driver Above the law" and also to have a flashing blue lights to indicate that the driver does indeed have the support of government to break the law. However, are own emergency services are only allowed to break the law in an emergency, this should be the same for diplomats. IMO

My thoughts are with the Family that need closure

Back