dave64

Mr
Ride
Triumph Roadster 2010
First try with phone and connecting.
Screenshot_2016-09-28-18-28-58.png
Can any experts tell me why cylinder 2 is different. ? .

If that reading is correct and I have no doubt it is, is your bike a bit rough at idle and low throttle because that is saying your throttle bodies/ plates are out of sync

Oh and what @Pedro is saying is 100% correct you need to adjust you balance by adjusting the two balance screws, 1 between 1 and 2 to bring 1 in line with 2 and adjust the screw between 2 and 3 to bring 3 in line with 2, I would also be doing a check to make sure all the throttle bodies are sitting in their rubber boots properly because that is a long way out, have you had any back firing

Yes backfires on rare a occasion but not often . I wouldn't say it runs rough at all . Guess i will need to get that tune and dyno done soon .

I would definitely be checking that balance out thou that is the biggest difference I have seen, try hooking it up again and see if it gives the same sort of reading and maybe just play the throttle up and down a couple of times as maybe it was just hanging up on one of the linkages

I would definitely be checking that balance out thou that is the biggest difference I have seen, try hooking it up again and see if it gives the same sort of reading and maybe just play the throttle up and down a couple of times as maybe it was just hanging up on one of the linkages

Ok I'll have a look at it again and might check the rubber boots at throttle body, thanks Hans

I have never seen one that far out I would also check the vacuum line and plug caps especially to number 2 cylynder.

Yea, when mine were far off like that once a vacuum line was unplugged. and if it is you CAN NOT Balance the throttle bodies!:mad:

... I would also check the vacuum line and plug caps especially to number 2 cylynder.

Yea, when mine were far off like that once a vacuum line was unplugged...

If there was a leak through any of the ports, the pressure would be HIGHER not lower. (lower number means 'better' vacuum) i.e. #2 is pulling LESS air than 1 or 3.
The numbers don't so much suggest leaks, just very poor balance (or lack of)

Back