Windows TuneEcu vs Android TuneEcu.

Rocket Dan

Standard Bore
Ride
2017 Rocket III Roadster
Total TuneEcu newbie here.
I noticed that the Windows version is no longer supported. I don't own an Android device, being an Apple user (yeah, I know :rolleyes:, but it's a long story...) I do own a small PC laptop running Windows10. Should I buy a cheap Android tablet? Should I try to find an old Windows version? What are the pros and cons of using these different versions of TuneEcu?

I noticed that the Windows version is no longer supported. I don't own an Android device, being an Apple user (yeah, I know :rolleyes:, but it's a long story...) I do own a small PC laptop running Windows10. Should I buy a cheap Android tablet? Should I try to find an old Windows version? What are the pros and cons of using these different versions of TuneEcu?
I AM NOT REAL GOOD AT THIS SOrry caps
but i think u just need to down load the tuneecu plug and play with the correct cable/dongle
or use blue tooth with the correct dongle
ps sometimes u have trouble making the connection just getting the stuff on at the right time. (me)

I bought the Samsung Note 8 tablet and it works great with TuneECU. I snagged it on sale for under $100. It works well with all of my Triumphs. The correct adapter is a must.

So does anyone know if you have the old version loaded on your laptop, can you still download tunes to your bike? I'm not clear on exactly what " supported " means. No updates, or will it no longer work for some reason?

I have old bikes, lol, and an old laptop. I haven't used it in years. but I've loaded tunes to both my Rocket and Sprint in the past with the same laptop. I put a Daytona motor in the Sprint, Ken DeCosse sent me a few Daytona maps for a Sprint ecu, I know the tunes have been around since before tuneECU for Android existed.

So does anyone know if you have the old version loaded on your laptop, can you still download tunes to your bike? I'm not clear on exactly what " supported " means. No updates, or will it no longer work for some reason?
I still use my old laptop Windows 7 with tune ecu 2.5.5 version and it works fine. Had it connected to 2 different bikes in the last couple of weeks and all good.

I also have a new laptop with windows 10 and have loaded 2.5.8 for it but I have been having issues trying to connect to the bike, it flash's red trying to connect then stops.
When I get some time I'll try and reload the drivers.

Last edited:
The way I understand it is that they don't sell it and/or develop it anymore...

The way I understand it is that they don't sell it and/or develop it anymore...
Bananas,all I know someone broke into my garage and stolen my ob2 connection, for my rocket,and I wasn't done still had to get exhast ther not cheap. The kid only leaves me about 50 cents a month to put away lol

Bananas,all I know someone broke into my garage and stolen my ob2 connection, for my rocket,and I wasn't done still had to get exhast ther not cheap. The kid only leaves me about 50 cents a month to put away lol
Have you looked under the seat lol

Back