An R+D Thread - Different instruments.

I thought of you when I saw an R3 Std instrument cable loom on eBay today. I'll see if I can dig it up again.
Here you go:

US $48.95
US$15.23 International Priority Shipping to Spain via the Global Shipping Program

2005-2010 Triumph Rocket III Classic INSTRUMENT HARNESS SPEEDOMETER TACHOMETER | eBay
Not this but am unsure if main loom will have it attached anyway.

07 TRIUMPH ROCKET III Main Loom Wire Harness Wiring | eBay
Can someone point me in the right direction, I am looking for a 12 pin male connector to hook to the speedo plug on the loom above?

So - Bored and somewhat inebriated - I had a bit of a brainfart.
And tadah! - Koso to R3 adapter plate happened. Took me about 2 minutes.
This was in some aluminium/rubber sandwhich material (it's easy to prototype with).
In ally or steel better naturally.
Needs two 13mm thick spacers. And different bolts naturally.

mount1.JPG mount2.JPG mount3.JPG

In case anybody wants something more traditionally sized - simple and IP67 - Check out the VDO SingleViu range. They have 52mm, 80mm and even 100mm. Been looking for a 100mm Speedo for my Guzzi and stumbled across them. They're being sold bay many places as boat instruments. Not found many with dash-lights yet, though VDO do make them.

In case anybody wants something more traditionally sized - simple and IP67 - Check out the VDO SingleViu range. They have 52mm, 80mm and even 100mm. Been looking for a 100mm Speedo for my Guzzi and stumbled across them. They're being sold bay many places as boat instruments. Not found many with dash-lights yet, though VDO do make them.
You got the wiring all figured out yet . Looking good.

You got the wiring all figured out yet . Looking good.
Honestly mate - I have not been near the clocks for months. Really all I need is the connectors but I keep forgetting to order them.
The wiring was never the issue really - And I have a healthy dose of the "don't touch a running system" syndrome.

Discovered the VDO's because I saw they do a 100mm which popped up because I was looking for an Alternator for the Guzzi which is identical to that on old BMW's.
eBay is wonderful for losing a few hours of daylight.

My clocks have died before and had to be replaced. I'd be very interested in the outcome of your R&D and thank you for your work on it.

To be honest - the only thing I really need is the appropriate connector or and old loom to cut - But I am loaded down with other stuff.

To be honest - the only thing I really need is the appropriate connector or and old loom to cut - But I am loaded down with other stuff.

Can you spell O-C-D???
Your brain operates similar to a full balloon released into the air. :eek: :rolleyes: :roll: :p

Back