Almost forgot (oil)

They tried selling motorcycle stuff such as oil,filters, helments and other associated stuff at the Wally World were I live, but i guess there wasn't enough demand and the stuff was discontinued. Autozones also carry 4T in 10w40 and 20w50. Bigern

We have a small section for motorcycle stuff in our WallyMart but they never restock it. When things sell out there is a permanent hole in the counter. A short time ago they spread the Bell helmets out just to make the counter look full. It won't be long and the whole thing will disappear and they will replace it with 8 feet of windshield washer fluid.

oil paul

I use mobile 4T but at the price it is I'am just gona put Crown Royal in it next time,or re use it in the family heap.When I was 16 we would buy used oil for 15 cents a quart for our junkers.Word was that they just let it settele for about a year and it looked good and clear.Was thinking of trying that with 4T but what about the acids? Any ideas LOL

The Wal-mart by me sells Mobile 4t in the motorcycle Accessories Isle for 8$ and some change a quirt.

Yes, but is it racing 4T? It has to have the JASO-MA rating too. Japanese Automobile Standards Organization, Motorcycle Applicable...

I've never seen the racing 4T at Wally World. In fact, I've never seen the Racing 4t anywhere but a Triumph shop.

I get my Mobile 4t at Autozone, and it does carry the jaso-ma rating. 8 dollars and some change a quart. I prefer 10-40w. I don't like to think about my poor oil pump trying to pump that thick stuff on a cold morning.

Found this on the Mobile site

Question: Motor Oil for a Triumph Bonneville

I have a 2005 Triumph Bonneville. The factory recommends Mobil 1 Racing T4 fully synthetic API SH or higher and JASO MA, 15W-50. Locally I have found Mobil 1 Extended Performance 15W-50 that meets APISL/CF but does not mention JASO spec. Does this satisfy the factory specifications? If not please recommend the specific Mobil 1 product that does. Thanks for your help. -- Paul Weidmann, Boulder, CO

Answer: Mobil 1 Racing 4T 15W-50 is marketed specifically for Triumph motorcycles. Another choice is Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50, which is designed for motorcycle requirements and may be more widely available than Mobil 1 Racing 4T 15W-50.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Car_Care/AskMobil/Oil_for_Triumph_Bonneville.aspx

Last edited:
And this tidbit..

Question: Difference Between Car and Motorcycle OilsWhat is the difference from motorcycle oil than car oil? -- Matt Coffman, Attica, NY

Answer: Motorcycle oils and passenger car oils are very similar, with the exception of a couple of areas that are key to motorcycle operation. The first area concerns common sumps, or the use of motor oil, to lubricate and cool the transmission. As you know, in a passenger car the transmission is lubricated by an ATF fluid, which has frictional properties required for transmission operation. In a motorcycle, where the transmission may be lubricated by the engine oil, an engine oil that does not have the same level of friction modification (for fuel economy) of a typical passenger car engine oil will provide better transmission performance in terms of transmission lock-up and slippage. So motorcycle engine oil does not contain the friction modifiers of a passenger car engine oil. The second area of concern for motorcycle engine oils is that they tend to shear (breakdown viscosity) more quickly than a typical passenger car. Mobil 1 motorcycle oils are designed to provide exceptional protection against viscosity loss.

I get my Mobile 4t at Autozone, and it does carry the jaso-ma rating. 8 dollars and some change a quart. I prefer 10-40w. I don't like to think about my poor oil pump trying to pump that thick stuff on a cold morning.

Your oil pump isn't pumping 40 weight oil on a cold morning. 10-40 acts like 10 weight oil until it reaches a temperature of about 70 degrees at which time it assumes the properties of 40 weight oil.

Back