Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
Maybe dumb, except my mechanic called me once and wanted to know why it only took three quarts, then said, oh ****, I forgot to drain the oil tank. How do you drain the oil tank?

Thanks, I know that part, but will the oil tank drain down into the sump?

Thanks, I know that part, but will the oil tank drain down into the sump?
No..it wont if drained before it sinks which can happen if the bike is laid up for a long time. the 3 plugs are for the main sump..front sump..and tank and of course the bit still in the filter to completely drain the old oil.

Interesting, I almost missed the front one, there's a fourth, apparently a tapered plug I removed, felt awful tight, I noticed the actual front plug when I was putting the others back.
Triumph is full of ****, I think, on 10,000 mile change, it was really dirty, I flushed a quart through before I filled it, and plan on another change when I get back from MV. Also replaced PC cable and digital display, installed @DEcosse keyless ignition, and adjusted clutch cable. Everything went fine, except a panicked call to @warp9.9 on the clutch cable that he walked me through on the phone.

Interesting, I almost missed the front one, there's a fourth, apparently a tapered plug I removed, felt awful tight, I noticed the actual front plug when I was putting the others back.
Triumph is full of ****, I think, on 10,000 mile change, it was really dirty, I flushed a quart through before I filled it, and plan on another change when I get back from MV. Also replaced PC cable and digital display, installed @DEcosse keyless ignition, and adjusted clutch cable. Everything went fine, except a panicked call to @warp9.9 on the clutch cable that he walked me through on the phone.
Hopefully the keyless install is still fresh in your mind. I ordered 1 for my Classic, and 1 for my Roadster. @DEcosse was a tad too late to get it to me before MV, so he's shipping it directly to the A Holiday Motel. I may need some tech support for the installation. :D

IMG_20190616_175102775.jpg
Haha, only forgot one thing, went for a test ride and stopped to pick up dinner, looked at bike from bar porch, right side cover still sitting in barn. Only one bolt left over, pretty good for me, I think they put way too many bolts on these things anyway.

Back