Air Hawk, what the latest experience.

I have the Airhawk 2 also. I agree about using little air for the best results. Too much air makes it feel unstable. It also is much cooler than sitting on the stock seat.
I have also tried the Classic seat with rider backrest. It pushed me too far forward on my Roadster, I took it off after about 300 miles and went back to stock.

I agree as well. Don't waste your money on a gel pad. Just keep the air pressure low on the Airhawk R and you will get more relief than any other product. The problem is...most people overinflated them. That is the mistake everyone makes. I have one myself and I know 3 other guys who bought one on my advice. They all are very well satisfied and use them on long trips.

Got the Airhawk 2 for a 670 mile trip to OKC in a single day (shoulda just gone for the iron butt). Worked great for me, but like others mentioned taking it off so it didn't get stolen got old really fast. It's a strange sensation leaving it so deflated, but that's exactly what you're supposed to do. If you feel like you're high the seat and on a firm cushion, you've overdone it. Also I read somewhere that the best way to utilize the Airhawk is to only use it every other tank. Changing it up keeps keeps your butt from developing pressure points.

Last Friday after fitting the new Airhawk R I did a 1100km ride, left home at 4.30am rode 550km, had lunch with my brother then rode 550km home, arrived home at 9.30pm.
There is no doubt it was a big help, I don't think I would have done that distance with it. Had to play around with the position on the seat and the pressure to get completely comfortable but it worked well for me.

Last Friday after fitting the new Airhawk R I did a 1100km ride, left home at 4.30am rode 550km, had lunch with my brother then rode 550km home, arrived home at 9.30pm.
There is no doubt it was a big help, I don't think I would have done that distance with it. Had to play around with the position on the seat and the pressure to get completely comfortable but it worked well for me.
Big day trip there @motolink,

At RAA IX I saw several bikes with hippy beads on their seats.
After inquiring of the riders, I learned they were function and not fashion.
I purchased one after arriving home. Two years later, I still use it and swear by it.
It IS cooler on hot days and I found it really helps my old stiff body slide my butt off the sides in the twisties.
Ultimate BeadRider Seat (Front Seat Only) – BeadRider – Beaded Motorcycle Seats

Back