Air Hawk, what the latest experience.

motolink

Nitrous
Ride
2011 Roadster and 2001 Bonneville
I have a ride coming up from Cairns to Brisbane next month, about 1800kms. I have only done 750km in a day and the old tail bone does get a bit painful after about 400km.

What feedback about the Air Hawk on a roadster. Which of the Air Hawk is the way to go.

I found an AirHawk too unstable - my missus said the same - They are also VERY temp fussy - as the temp inside them rises/drops the pressure does too.

ime a gel cushion is MUCH better.

A couple of times a year I do long runs of 1000K plus days and a fair few 400K days on the Touring stock seat with an Air Hawk2, no numb butt ever ,the pillion seat on the stock Touring seat is a Gel type but most of my long trips is Solo, much better than a sheep skin cover that I used to swear By, once you get used to the movement on the seat it makes a comfortable ride

I bought the Airhawk R for my trip to RAA 10.5 earlier in the year.
I will say that it helped, however although the width is good it felt to short from front to back, I kept having to readjust my position to find the right spot on the cushion, and I think the Triumphs saddles tendency to push you forward exasterbated this issue.

Also having to remove it at every stop so it wouldn't get stolen became a pain in the arse after awhile (pun intended) :D

I'd look for something else if I had it to do all over again

Motolink, I purchased a Saddlemen gel pad for the passenger seat and wife says it is very comfortable. We have recently been on a 150 plus ride on a hot day and she says she did not notice any changes from temp and she wont ride with out it. I hope this helps.

I tried gel pads with no relief. The Airhawk was far better for me as long as the inflation was right. Most over inflate them and they become uncomfortable. I eventually got tired of jacking with the thing and bought a Corbin seat

I have a ride coming up from Cairns to Brisbane next month, about 1800kms. I have only done 750km in a day and the old tail bone does get a bit painful after about 400km.

What feedback about the Air Hawk on a roadster. Which of the Air Hawk is the way to go.
Everyone over-inflates them. They take very little air. Wife and I went 800 miles with one 175 run without a stop and she liked it. She also has 2 rods in her back which tells me the corbin and air hawk for her works.

I have the Airhawk 2 also. I agree about using little air for the best results. Too much air makes it feel unstable. It also is much cooler than sitting on the stock seat.
I have also tried the Classic seat with rider backrest. It pushed me too far forward on my Roadster, I took it off after about 300 miles and went back to stock.

Back