1olbull

Riding Motor Since 1950
Ride
2012 R3R "Kong" - 2011 R3R "YurMama"
Working a case where this age old issue came up. I needed to prepare a little diagram for explanation, so I reckoned I'd share it in case someone found it useful.
Headlight Adjustment.jpg

Working a case where this age old issue came up. I needed to prepare a little diagram for explanation, so I reckoned I'd share it in case someone found it useful.
Headlight Adjustment.jpg
Is there a tolerance on that bull? :) just curious 1.5 degrees down at 20 feet is 5.237' or 6.2846" or 6&9/32" a skosh bit over 6&1/4" anyway I was wondering and if so is it in one direction only on each axis like like down in vertical and two the right in horizontal? Thats some good information to know. Thanks I'll need to check mine.

Is there a tolerance on that bull? :) just curious 1.5 degrees down at 20 feet is 5.237' or 6.2846" or 6&9/32" a skosh bit over 6&1/4" anyway I was wondering and if so is it in one direction only on each axis like like down in vertical and two the right in horizontal? Thats some good information to know. Thanks I'll need to check mine.

Of course there's a tolerance, Mr. Machinist!
After all, this is government controlled; therefore, if you stay within plus or minus 10 thousandths you should be OK. :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :p

Personally, I use a 1/2 degree down in 1 degree to the right because it puts the beam out further ahead. I also use high beam until I can't.
For better accuracy, I also use a NIST certified light meter to locate and set the actual brightest light ray.

Of course there's a tolerance, Mr. Machinist!
After all, this is government controlled; therefore, if you stay within plus or minus 10 thousandths you should be OK. :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :p

Personally, I use a 1/2 degree down in 1 degree to the right because it puts the beam out further ahead. I also use high beam until I can't.
For better accuracy, I also use a NIST certified light meter to locate and set the actual brightest light ray.
Thanks I thought you had mentioned changing it a little but thought it was more because the LED light were either brighter or a bit more focused. anyway thanks.

Headlight Adjustment.jpg
Interesting. The same formula (sort of, I made the formula so I can use whatever space I have) is used on Harley touring models in the shop manual. I’ve used it on cars, bikes. Works great for me!

Back